Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - never recieved Erotic Cakes cd from www.cornforrecords.com?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

never recieved Erotic Cakes cd from www.cornforrecords.com?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> And now, a word from Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcee3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: never recieved Erotic Cakes cd from www.cornforrecords.com? Reply with quote

I don't know where to post this request so let me know if it goes somewhere else? I ordered Erotic Cakes about a month and a half ago from www.cornforrecords.com and still have not recieved it. I also went to that website today and it is not even there! Can anybody help me?
Thanks,
dc
dcee3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: wups! its www.cornfordrecords.com -sorry! Reply with quote

wups! its www.cornfordrecords.com -sorry!
I typed in the wrong website!
I just went there and emailed Paul Cornford about my Erotic Cakes cd.
Thanks,
dc
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I guess it can stay here as an F.A.Q as a what to do if Cornford Records steal your money and take their web-site away like gypsy charlatans masquerading as a fayre on the village green.

Firstly it is a rather good album.

Secondly, what can you do about not getting it yet? Not sure, some people from Cornford come here from time to advertise and lure similar victims into buying a rather good album from them. So they'll read knew posts - but hey, here's a thought - if we have one place to post these grumbles then it can be a reminder of all the countless ones and twos Cornford Records disappoint bi-annually - we've had maybe 4-5 people wait quite a while for their CD.

It might even be a valuable business-metric for Cornford - until they get a web-based Customer Relationship Database of their own Wink ...

I found the website hidden behind the url : http://www.cornfordrecords.com/

It has a d in Cornford.

By the way I mean all this in good spirits, so don't be thinking there's any malice or sarcasm there... I'm being genuine and I'd like you to get back with how you're dealt with by Cornford.

I, personally, have found them to be a consciencious bunch who really care about what they sell; there have been small numbers of distribution issues but they all seem to get fixed to everyone's satisfaction.

Please come back here and speak up... so that others can be reassured in the future, if their CD seems to take some time. If you find them to be totally evil and sold-out, also feedback...

That okay?

I have the power!
dcee3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Erotic Cakes cd Reply with quote

I got to the correct website for cornford records and was able to get Paul Confords email address. So I emailed him a got a reply back from him within minutes! He is going to send another cd out to me.
So everything is all set.
dc
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

We do occasionally get inquiries about the CDs and there's nothing we can really do to help but if we keep this thread here perhaps people will find it and it may calm their nerves.

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i should complain, cause i got two albums sent to me, and i'm pretty sure i only paid for one!

frankus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sumis wrote:
i guess i should complain, cause i got two albums sent to me, and i'm pretty sure i only paid for one!

You think that's bad... I had some guy in a club try to give me the CD... I was going to make a joke about the guys who wander around pubs trying to sell cheap knock offs... but then I remembered Cornford got broken into and had a Les Paul and 3000 copies of the CD stolen - I reckon it was the guys from the Don Petrucci forum.

I know a lot of people on some forums were sceptical that Cornford could make great amps, records and distribute the records... to be honest I thought it was a tall order given the bulk of orders may well be outside the UK and the British postal system is an absolute farce - but there aren't that many incidents I've heard of.

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it's bad, but i actually felt bad. because i didn't feel like paying for two physical albums, and it would cost me too much to send i back. well, i gave it away to my father-in-law who's a guitar teacherand who continues to spread the word. in the end, it was cheap and involuntary marketing for cornford.

nostreldamus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: CD not received Reply with quote

Hi guys.. My apologies if I have put this in the wrong place.. My first time to post on the forum... I ordered Guthrie's Erotic cakes almost 3 months ago and it hasn't turned up.. I have emailed Paul at cornford amps and all cornford records emails I can find, (three email addresses that in all including the one the paypal payment went) repeatedly over the last month but have had no reply at all.. I have even asked them for a reply of any sort without any luck at all.. Even if they told me they had sent it and I'd just have to buy another then I would do it because I have been hanging out so long to get the thing.. But what then if the second copy didn't turn up and still no reply, paid for two and got none and no recourse...? Any advice or other email suggestions anyone has would be great..
Kind of hoping the people at cornford records do drop in and come across my post.
These are the emails I have used to try to get through to Cornford:
paul@cornfordamps.com, info@cornfordamps.com, info@cornfordrecords.com
hermanmonker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Cornford forum .
nostreldamus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Missing CD Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll.. try to find it.. getting a 404 Razz
cheers!
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing CD Reply with quote

nostreldamus wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion... I'll.. try to find it.. getting a 404 Razz
cheers!

Try: http://www.cornfordamps.com/forum/index.php
nostreldamus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Oh hahaha Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.. I thought it was the discussion link off the Tone drop down menu above.. Thanks very much
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Oh hahaha Reply with quote

nostreldamus wrote:
Thanks for the link.. I thought it was the discussion link off the Tone drop down menu above.. Thanks very much

No worries!

I've heard a few 'not received' tales...I've started recommending that folks get the digital download (+ goodies) package from http://www.jamtrackcentral.com/ecb01.php

Cool
BIOS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 on that digital deal. Great offer. I think it's terrible fans of Guthrie's music have such difficulty in getting access to it some times. Hope it arrives soon mate.

BIOS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> And now, a word from Management All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: