Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Rasmus Guitars By Suhr Finally Shipping!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rasmus Guitars By Suhr Finally Shipping!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Rasmus Guitars By Suhr Finally Shipping! Reply with quote

Finally, after two years of development work the Rasmus guitars are now shipping to authorized Suhr dealers. The guitars are trickling out in limited quantities due to the amount of work involved on each guitar. The few dealers who have received them are absolutely blown away by the quality and are very excited by the quality you get for the money.

Here is a gallery of photos of the Rasmus factory in Xiamen, China when Guthrie and I visited there in June. This is a state-of-the-art facility with excellent working conditions run by a Taiwanese company that had been building guitars since the 70's. As advised before, I have worked with this factory since '95 when I was handling supply chain of imported products at Fender during the 90's.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#101554

You can see that this is no sweatshop with prison or child labor. It's a very professional organization with experienced managers and workers who are dedicated to making the very best guitars possible for their respective price points. You can also see Guthrie trying out the first Signature Model prototype. Guthrie now has the second prototype that he is very happy with and has started playing live. The production of the Rasmus GG Signature will start in April and we expect to start shipment in June.

The last photo is of Guthrie and me enjoying the local Chinese cuisine with the president of the company and other management members at the factory's cafeteria. It's definitely nothing like what you'd find at Panda Express here in the States!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Edovinus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing those pics, Ed! It's interesting to see what an actual guitar factory in China looks like. I guess there are a lot misconceptions about China: people feel free to criticize and question the place, while they have little insight into what's really going on over there.
hagerman222

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed! Thanks for letting us try the GG Rasmus prototype at the BSM clinic, I can't wait to get one once they're available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: