Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Halcyon - "Pastures" - FREE stream guitar/prog/fus
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halcyon - "Pastures" - FREE stream guitar/prog/fus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
halcyonband

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Halcyon - "Pastures" - FREE stream guitar/prog/fus Reply with quote

hey guys!!

put out my first EP last week, hopefully some of you will dig it! lotsa guthrie influence in the lead playing <3

you can stream the entire 42 minute dealio here for free:

http://halcyonofficial.bandcamp.com/

http://www.facebook.com/HalcyonOfficial

if you would like more info, here is what i wrote on facebook at the time of release:

Quote:
Noodle - 5:58
Noodle 2 - 3:13
Firefly - 3:22
Waterfall - 3:38
Intermission - 2:11
Noodle 3 - 4:54
Django Fett - 5:44
Nesting - 6:04
Pastures - 6:34
Total - 41:38

So finally after weeks and weeks of living and breathing the songs on this EP, tweaking the mixes, recording guitars, rerecording guitars, programming the drums and so on, I can sit back and enjoy the hard part (wait, what?) - the easy part was making the music, as it is something that I absolutely love and do 100% for enjoyment. That some people also like the outcome is an insane bonus.

The hard part is getting people to listen to it, which is why the EP is streaming entirely free, and the download (mp3 or FLAC, I know lots of people dig lossless) is only AU$5 - less than a single beer in a lot of places in Sydney (plus you won't regret it in the morning!)

I know some people just don't pay for music these days - there is no 'real' point seeing as pretty much everything is available for free anyway - so if you're one of these people, the EP is gonna be streaming for free until the end of the time, enjoy! But what I would appreciate the most is if you could burn a copy for a friend, or email them a link; or tag this page in a status, post something about it on a forum, or give a shout out from your own band page/blog/twitter/whatever. And if anyone has, or knows someone who has a review blog/site, leave a comment or email halcyonofficial@gmail.com and I'd love to send a copy of the EP for review!

Happy listening! ♬

cheers, look forward to some feedback, either good or bad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: