Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Tal Wilkenfeld and "Fives"
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tal Wilkenfeld and "Fives"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regwebb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Tal Wilkenfeld and "Fives" Reply with quote

I read on Wikipedia that there's a version of "Fives" featuring Tal Wilkenfeld. I had always assumed that the bass solo on the version on Erotic Cakes was performed by Seth. If that's true, does the version with Tal Wilkenfeld exist, and if so where?
Thanks
Scias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know that, but I knew there's an old version of Fives with the help of Jamie Humphries. It's on one of those music websites, Last.fm or soundclick or something.
regwebb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scias wrote:
I didn't know that, but I knew there's an old version of Fives with the help of Jamie Humphries. It's on one of those music websites, Last.fm or soundclick or something.
Smile
This version is referred to on Tal Wilkenfeld's entry on Wikipedia. Because of her youth, I don't think there'd be a version involving her any time before 2006. Is there a way of finding out who wrote Wikipedia articles? Since I'm totally blind, and so I don't have ready access to the album cover, could someone confirm that Seth gets the bass credit on the Erotic Cakes version of "Fives"?
Thanks for responding.
regwebb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Tal Wilkenfeld and "fives" continued, perhaps conc Reply with quote

OK, problem apparently solved. She plays it on Lee Ritenour's album "Six String Theory". That's one busy woman!
Scias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay, I saw the trailer for that album a while ago on youtube, it's a collaboration of new guitar virtuosos isn't it?

About his album, I own Erotic Cakes though I have misplaced the original CD at the moment :/ If Seth isn't credited as bass player on all tracks, I'm sure we would have heard about it if there was a guest bass player. The one thing that I heard which surprised me about the album, is that Guthrie used his PRS to record the electric guitar parts, and didn't use any Suhr guitar at all, that surprised me because it's a 2006 album, and by that time he had been playing a Suhr for years! I wouldn't mind having that rumour confirmed as well.
Mirth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Tal played on Fives for the version on Lee Ritneour's Six String Theory. Vinnie Coliuta also plays drums on this version.
www.reverbnation.com/timmirth
greenfingers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scias wrote:
Ah okay, I saw the trailer for that album a while ago on youtube, it's a collaboration of new guitar virtuosos isn't it?

About his album, I own Erotic Cakes though I have misplaced the original CD at the moment :/ If Seth isn't credited as bass player on all tracks, I'm sure we would have heard about it if there was a guest bass player. The one thing that I heard which surprised me about the album, is that Guthrie used his PRS to record the electric guitar parts, and didn't use any Suhr guitar at all, that surprised me because it's a 2006 album, and by that time he had been playing a Suhr for years! I wouldn't mind having that rumour confirmed as well.

?

CD liner notes.

..."Gear wise the bulk of the electric guitar parts were recorded using a Suhr Standard guitar"

..."Waves, Rhode Island Shred and the clean solo in Ner Ner show case an SSC-equipped Suhr Classic"

The only mention for the PRS was for the Fives solo which was used from a demo.
Scias

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously that rumor is fake then XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: