Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - gg charvel signature possible problem
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gg charvel signature possible problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zach637

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: gg charvel signature possible problem Reply with quote

i have noticed that the gg signature has been taken off the charvel website, is this bad?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: gg charvel signature possible problem Reply with quote

zach637 wrote:
i have noticed that the gg signature has been taken off the charvel website, is this bad?

I'm pretty certain that they're just updating the page. Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
zach637

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope so because i want that guitar so bad
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zach637 wrote:
i hope so because i want that guitar so bad

As do I! Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
terje_t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems as good a place to jump in as any, seeing as I'm currently trying to wait patiently for my birds eye GG Charvel that I have on order to arrive Smile

Guitarist and Guthrie fan from Norway here!

The ETA for mine is december. Does anyone have any insight into why it's taking a long time? I guess this is just a time consuming guitar to produce? Or are there any specific problems getting the materials or such?

Happy to have found this forum, and I'm having fun clicking around reading threads. Particularily the drool-worthy pictures from Ed Yoon here: http://online-discussion.dhenderson.com/GuthrieGovan/viewtopic.php?t=2266

Very Happy
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Terje, welcome to this board. It's quiet here but that's what I like about this place and I can post some blogs every now and then that people could enjoy reading about.

There's a spec change coming that will significantly improve the tone of the guitar. That's all I could say at the moment. Guthrie has several GG prototypes that he's been using for well over a year now and he has determined why one stood out from the rest and that's the one Charvel will go with for the production units.

Guthrie and Charvel really went all out to nail down every little detail on this guitar and that's the main reason it has taken so long. One was the arm assembly on the vintage Floyd bridge and that wasn't as easy as it seemed. But now it's perfect and Guthrie is very happy with how it works - no jiggle whatsoever and the arm stays in place where you leave it.

Charvel will post the updated details on the site and through social media very soon. Hey, we've all waited this long so it shouldn't be a problem to wait just a little longer. Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
terje_t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Charvel will post the updated details on the site and through social media very soon. Hey, we've all waited this long so it shouldn't be a problem to wait just a little longer.

Oh absolutely! Particularily if they're working on making the guitar even better.

Thanks for the info Smile Looking forward to hearing about the updated specs!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent a decent amount of time noodling on Guthrie's prototypes over the past 18 months or so, I can say that it's the ultimate "superstrat". As far as I'm concerned, it's about as far as the concept can go and as good as it gets. Plus, it has the proper "Strat" headstock to boot! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
zach637

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome news i was worried that something went wrong and then i wouldnt be able to get one
Texter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat I haven't even seen the end result and I'm already GASsing for the thing. Best not to check any websites... Laughing
ultraknilch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any new info regarding a release date? The dealers keep announcing new dates all the time... I heard they are making small changes to the trem... anyone know what it is that they are doing?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultraknilch wrote:
any new info regarding a release date? The dealers keep announcing new dates all the time... I heard they are making small changes to the trem... anyone know what it is that they are doing?

Sorry, at this point in time I have no idea and I don't think Guthrie does either. And I don't want to keep bugging the Fender/Charvel folks about it. I know that they're doing their best and they won't start shipping until everything is perfect. The small changes ended up taking a lot longer than anyone anticipated but that's just how things go with new product introductions in this industry.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
ultraknilch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool Smile thanks for your answer! I just hope it'll be soon... already placed my order loooooooong time ago Wink
Pete Lacis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Snagged the first US Birdseye Guthrie Govan Charvel Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I was fortunate enough today to acquire what I've been told is the first production birdseye Guthrie Govan Charvel. As someone that has owned a few of the Suhr GG's and now this Charvel, I can say its a wonderful upgrade on the tried and true design. The sound is just meatier and the sustain is nicely improved. I'm very psyched to put this guitar to work immediately!

Suhr Obsessed, Custom Audio Loaded, Fueled by Diezel
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pete! Good to see you here. Congrats on getting the first production Charvel GG with the Birdseye top! That looks awesome and glad to know that you're really digging it. "Meaty Beast", eh? Maybe that should be the tagline. Laughing

Seriously, it's a great all-around guitar. It's been a long journey getting here. An awful lot of work went into its development. Kudos to the great folks at Fender/Charvel for following through and producing a magnificient instrument. They really went all out for this.

I guess mine shouldn't be too far off now. Cool
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: