Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie's most recent equipment (VIDEO)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie's most recent equipment (VIDEO)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Guthrie's most recent equipment (VIDEO) Reply with quote

Dear folks,

I thought you might find this video interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5M0Bkk66o

Here GG goes through his most recent rig (apart from the "secret" HSS guitar). Things that stood out to me:

- 6L6s in his Victory V50. Is this a new thing? I knew about 6L6s in the V100 and V30, but I wasn't aware he had these replaced. EL34s are stock for V50, unlike the previous two amps and even the Aristocrats website mentions EL34s. Needless to say, it's cool GG goes by ear and not by preconceived notions.

- a first vid—that I'm aware anyway—where GG talks about his FX8 effects unit. It's too bad he didn't go over the sounds at any length.

All in all, cool stuff!
Tubedriver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a huge 34 fan most of my life and even own a Badger 30 (el34s). I recently purchased a Victory V30 and tried 6ca7s, el34s, and 6l6s. To me the V30 sounds best with the 6l6s. The cleans are improved and the overdriven channel has a much richer sonic profile. The amp becomes more versatile which is likely why Guthrie prefers the 6l6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: