Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - NAMM Week at Tone Merchants - Photo Review
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM Week at Tone Merchants - Photo Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: NAMM Week at Tone Merchants - Photo Review Reply with quote

Only now am I getting around to cataloguing the photos taken during one of the most memorable weeks of my life - NAMM 2005. Ironic thing is that I didn't even bother going to NAMM! Laughing Had more than enough action right here at the shop and here are some of the pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/267279879oWCXSR

Every night was packed (and waaaay overpacked on a couple of nights) and the amount of enthusiasm generated by these clinic-shows was absolutely amazing. The amount of guitar talent congregating under one roof was mindblowing to say the least! Shocked This will definitely be an annual thing over here although I'm thinking that 6 nights in a row probably won't be feasible the next time around... Man, it took more than a week to recover from the absolute mental and physical exhaustion of holding these events six nights in a row.

But it was certainly all worthwhile in the end. Thanks to all who attended and who made it such a special week for tone freaks and monster guitar players from all over the world. I continue receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from people who attended and getting contacted by more and more monster guitar players. We've definitely got a great thing going here - a real community of gear hounds, monster players, and fans of great guitar music in whatever form and style. I'm excited to say that we're expecting even greater things in the future.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I need to comment on Richie Kotzen. The guy was awesome. He had the biggest, fattest, ballsiest tone of anyone I've heard in the Tone Mecca to date. It was like a huge multi-amp SRV kind of a sound with modern shred chops inserted tastefully when needed. I think the fact that he uses 11's (going up to 52 on the low E) on a Tele has a lot to do with it. Richie just goes straight into the amp (his Signature Cornford RK100 half-stack) with no effects whatsoever in the front or in the loop. All he had was the Cornford RK100's footswitch that just gives you a gain boost on a single-channel amp. I was really stunned by his sound. What a stud...Shocked Has the arrogance and the rock star attitude to match his talent, but I say, "If you could back it up, I'll deal with it." Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
What a stud...Shocked Has the arrogance and the rock star attitude to match his talent, but I say, "If you could back it up, I'll deal with it." Laughing

I don't get it.....was he acting like an a-hole?

I love Richie's music....he's such an incredible musician and songwriter. I definitely like his style now over his awful shred days. I have a bunch of Young Guitar DVDs with Richie just jamming out riffs on his Cornford and he gets a really great sound. I love it when Richie harmonizes his voice with his guitar solo, so cool Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
What a stud...Shocked Has the arrogance and the rock star attitude to match his talent, but I say, "If you could back it up, I'll deal with it." Laughing

I don't get it.....was he acting like an a-hole?

I love Richie's music....he's such an incredible musician and songwriter. I definitely like his style now over his awful shred days. I have a bunch of Young Guitar DVDs with Richie just jamming out riffs on his Cornford and he gets a really great sound. I love it when Richie harmonizes his voice with his guitar solo, so cool Smile

Yeah, somewhat, but I heard from Paul C that he was frazzled from the day at NAMM and he wasn't comfortable with the intimate environment with all the other monster players around, got lost on the way to the shop, didn't know when he was going on, etc., etc... No big deal... I'd still welcome him back to play again if he was ever inclined. He's definitely a great player.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok, I see. I guess I can understand why he felt a lil' iffy.

btw, that picture of nick, ron and guthrie probably is probably my favorite photo from your album Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: