Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Cool Envelope Phaser by Pigtronix!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool Envelope Phaser by Pigtronix!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Cool Envelope Phaser by Pigtronix! Reply with quote

I've been pushing this pedal off to the side that a local sales rep has been trying to get me to carry here, but I finally decided that I'd give it a whirl since there seems to be a lot of good buzz about it. Well, I'm personally not all that into the Envelop Filter kind of a thing myself, but I have to say that this one is pretty special. It's a pretty unique combination of an envelope filter and an analog phaser with a very wide range of controls for both. You can get some wacky sounding auto wah effects as well as some of the lushest sounding phase effects as well.

Ultimately, what I listened for was the audio quality and it's absolutely superb. It's a very musical sounding pedal that balances hi-fi clarity with warm analog character. The envelope filter sound is fat and vocal while the envelope phaser side is deep and "chewy" as they like to describe it. It is indeed very touch sensitive as well when it comes to the envelope filter side of this most versatile effect unit. The main thing I find cool is that the all effects are musical: from very subtle to wacky over-the-top. It's hard to get a bad sound out of this thing. Highly recommended for the more adventurous guitar player. Here is the link to their website and you can watch a video demo:

www.pigtronix.com

I'll definitely be getting one in the hands of Guthrie as soon as he returns from the Asia tour! Twisted Evil
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
sterlingsilver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ed does it have true bypass and what's the price?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sterlingsilver wrote:
hey ed does it have true bypass and what's the price?

Yes, it's true bypass. The list is $280 and street price is $220.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: