Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Ed Yoon Appreciation Thread
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ed Yoon Appreciation Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Ed Yoon Appreciation Thread Reply with quote

Ed is the man!!!!!!!!!

Lets give it up for him for spreading the word about Guthrie!

Hey Ed, how many total Guthrie Cd's and dvd's have you sent out?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks, man. Someone's got to do it since Guthrie won't do it himself. Wink

Corndord Clinic DVD - approaching 1000 now
NAMM Live Show DVD - well over 200 in less than a month
Fellowship DVD - a few hundred, I believe

I haven't really been keeping a close tally on the figures. Not many CDs as I'd rather that people get the Fellowship CDs directly from the band.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed is awesomness, what else can I say. He has opened me up to the wonderful world of Guthrie Very Happy
frankus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Hey, thanks, man. Someone's got to do it since Guthrie won't do it himself. Wink

Laughing my sentiments exactly Wink

+1 on the big up Ed, thread.

I have the power!
Alun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ another 1 Very Happy

Ed is doing a fantastic job for not only GG, but guitar music as a whole. Who else has recently have put on shows by Guthrie,Bumblefoot, Allan Holdsworth and Scott Henderson to name a few?

Alun
Noise Epidemic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add my +1. Ed, you go boy! Wink Laughing
bill®

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I order the Ed Yoon Live @ Tone Merchants DVD? I mean, that was pretty awesome when he walked in front of the camera when Guthrie was doing the Cornford clinic, but I just need more!
kabuki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill® wrote:
How can I order the Ed Yoon Live @ Tone Merchants DVD? I mean, that was pretty awesome when he walked in front of the camera when Guthrie was doing the Cornford clinic, but I just need more!

Exactly. Where's the clips of Ed putting ice in the cooler and going for extra potato salad???

alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... thanx, guys!

Yeah, I need to make a few more cameo appearances, eh? Wink Yeah, I got that POS CD-ROM drive (some 15 years old) to finally play the backing tracks on that clinic DVD. You could see me walking away, thinking: "Goddamn that piece of sh*t CD player..." Laughing

BTW, I was the one who stole Guthrie's beer during the Jan 19 show. I was walking around the room with a beer bottle in hand to check the sound from various areas. Then I put the bottle on the floor near where the mixer was to go to the stage area to make sure the speakers and the monitors were putting out properly. I guess I then grabbed Guthrie's beer on top of the speaker stand thinking that it was mine! It was a Corona and I was drinking a Corona as well and I walked off with it. Only later did I find my old bottle on the floor next to the mixing rack and I was going, "Oh, no..." Embarassed Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y'er doin' great, ed! keep up the great work. gg is generating a lot of buzz out there and it couldn't have been possible without ya! Very Happy
PaulGilbert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, ed is very dedicated to promoting Guthrie Govan and it seems that he is in love with him.

i bet if Guthrie was a woman Ed would end up in jail right now for having two wives....LOL
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulGilbert wrote:
yeah, ed is very dedicated to promoting Guthrie Govan and it seems that he is in love with him.

i bet if Guthrie was a woman Ed would end up in jail right now for having two wives....LOL

Yeah, Guthrie's girlfriend is very jealous of me! Laughing And my wife is jealous of Guthrie! Laughing

Hey, it's all really fun stuff. I'm just truly honored and grateful to be in a position to be of what little help I can be to a talent like Guthrie. I'm also honored to be in a position to do the same for Greg Howe and other fantastic players like Joel Hoekstra and Tomo Fujita. Also, coming very soon: The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Board on the Online Discussion Network!!! Cool
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
M@

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ed, did any of Guthrie's magic rub off on you after drinking his Corona. Did you notice and improvement in your playing???

Maybe we can bottle it and make a million... I'm sure there would be plenty of customers wanting some of that "Guthrie Brew"!!!

Laughing
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M@ wrote:
So Ed, did any of Guthrie's magic rub off on you after drinking his Corona. Did you notice and improvement in your playing???

Maybe we can bottle it and make a million... I'm sure there would be plenty of customers wanting some of that "Guthrie Brew"!!!

Laughing

Hehe... I tell you, one thing that Guthrie has taught me is make every note count and play it with conviction. I couldn't play like Guthrie if I lived a thousand years and practiced 10 hours a day, but he has taught me about being really behind every note you play and use your mind and heart.

Guthrie needs to try that fine Tsingtao beer so readily available in that part of the world! Every country has its own fine beer and Tsingtao has always left an indelible impression as one of the finest!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
M@

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Tsingtao is a nice drop... I also like Asahi from Japan and San Miguel from the Phillipines. Was fortunate enough to work in a bar in the UK in my youth and got to sample some fine ales from that part of the world!

What would you recommend as a good Korean beer? I haven't been there yet, but will probably be heading in that direction on a business trip this year...

BTW, I got a great movie file of an Aussie beer advertisement that's quite funny, how can I post it for everyone to enjoy on this forum???

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: