Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Jan Cyrka
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan Cyrka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredizalive

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Jan Cyrka Reply with quote

Having read that Jan will produce Guthrie's disc I couldn't help myself and literally cheared out loud (to many of my co-workers bewilderment). If anyone is worthy of the task, Jan Cyrka is the man for the job.

I've been such a HUGE fan of this man's playing and his first two discs "Beyond the Common Ground" and "Spirit" are simply amazing, beautiful bodies of work. I hear alot of Vai/Beck comparisons about Jan, but to me he has his own 'fingerprints'. I highly recommend you check his playing out, because at times, I hear a bit of Guthrie in him or vice versa (must be a British thing).

Simply a WORLD CLASS player and the production of his discs is jaw-dropping. Now if only he would put out a fourth disc (his last, "Prickly Pear" was great). One can only hope.

Anyone else dig Jan?
Willjay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn`t agree with you more! Jan is one of my favourite guitarists, and i really, really love his three solo cd`s, amazing playing, songwriting, phrasing, sound, ability! Some of his tunes can just get stuck in your head forever! I just can`t believe he hasn`t released a solo cd for so long!?!?
I even manged to get hold of a `Best of - Zodiac Mindwarp` cd, he was their guitarist, but that was nothing like his solo stuff!
In fact i normally put on his first cd `Beyond the Common ground` while i`m in the shower ! (That means i get to listen to it at least once a month!) Mr. Green
One little feature that i really love about all three of his solo cd`s is the drawings (or as with the third cd, photo`s) in the sleeve liner that go with each tune!
I would even say, that for someone who at times sounds very much like Vai, i even prefer listening to some of Jan`s albums than some of Vai`s!

Willie Jordan Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like him...he's a very tasteful player.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio clips sound great. He does sound like Vai at times but I think I like Jan's fatter and juicier tone better. It's good to know Jan's producing Guthrie's album. I'd like to locate a copy of that first album if I can...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
srambo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Jan Cyrka is an amazing player, when I got my new stereo system a few years back, it was 'common ground' that I tested it out with - and Iagree when is the follow up to 'prickly pear' coming out !!

simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: