Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Digitech Whammy fans?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digitech Whammy fans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fink Floyd

Location: A small town in North Wales you've probably never heard of

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Digitech Whammy fans? Reply with quote

I've just scored a s/h Digitech Whammy (Whammy II, one of the black ones) off a friend for £80, which is a pretty sweet deal IMO. Are there any Whammy fans round here? I had one before, when I'd only been playing around a year and a half, and sold it because I didn't really have any use for it then. I will now, I think - I'm a sucker for harmony leads and stuff anyway, so it'll be in Harmony mode a lot of the time, but I'm sure I'll be fiddling with it for ages - it's much more than a cool sound effect. Who likes them here, and how do you use yours?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a very cool pedal. It's become a staple in a lot of guys' rigs, including Guthrie. I never really got around to using it much. A lot of guys like Satch and Guthrie seem to use the octave-up (or two) function to get extreme pitch bend sounds with the rocker pedal.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the new version that's like a reissue of the first and i like it a lot. i only do the silly octave up kind of things to mimic what i've heard others do. tom morello seems to use it in pretty creative ways.
Will

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way Dimebag used to use it. To add more utter filth into his extreme riffage

"grrrr grunt roar chug chug waaaaaahhhh" etc
GuitarSdmn

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Whammy II Reply with quote

Hey guys.

I too use a Whammy II I've had for quite a few years. I love it and use it regularly, audiences seem to really respond to it when used effectively and of course not OVER used. I've made that mistake many times...

I have found though, incidentally, that because it's not true hardw-re bypass and beause it's just plain old and dirty that I've had to have a box built with some bypass loops in it so I can take it out of my signal whenever I want. Check out www.loooper.com. He makes great stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: