Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - The Guthrie/Jesus connection
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Guthrie/Jesus connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dig

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being born in the middle east does not make you Black or even that you have to be dark in color. Ever been to Israel? How many of pure Jewish decent look black none that I know of. Most are from fair to olive to ruddy complexion of course this also is influenced by the region they live in. TRUE Jewish people are different looking than the rest of the people that live in what is traditionaly called the middle east. Jesus was a Jew from pure Jewish stock, he was from the direct line of King David who was not even close to being black also. By the way most in the middle east are not that dark, in fact no darker than the average latino. Most of true Arab decent are not that dark. Those who happen to be included in the so called middle east mix who are darker in color are usually of North African decent(many times of berber decent) but still very different than the majority of Africans who are much darker in color or are black as some say.
kabuki

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sgt Baker wrote:
I think that Jesus can perform miracles, so if he wanted he could be like the guy in terminator 2 and clone himself into any image that he wanted, black, asian, white, samoan, or native american if he wanted. Jesus has mad chameleon skills.

not even guthrie govan possess that type of power.

On a serious Jesus note, I acutually read in a book one time that some ancient manuscripts said Jesus actully played some type of ancient lute before he preached and introduced modal playing.

I hear Jesus preferred a Gibson 24.75" scale and flat radius. In fact, the reason the Shawn Lane Vigier's are in such short supply is because Jesus and St. Peter hijacked the boat from France bound for the US and are selling them on the black market.

Back to the pipe...
RD

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
M@

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have actually been to Israel (a very beautiful country!). I once saw a TV show that reckoned Jesus could have even had short black curly hair - more like Scott Henderson and not Guthrie Govan Wink !

Hmmm... If Jesus played a Gibson, then God plays a Fender Stratocaster!

Wasn't Jesus just a politician anyway?...

Laughing
RD

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this topic-titel a bit misleading; I thought this would be the thread for Guthrie fans to ask him questions and stuff Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: