Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Even the Metalheads Love Guthrie
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Even the Metalheads Love Guthrie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Even the Metalheads Love Guthrie Reply with quote

I noticed well over a hundred hits on the NAMM show video clips from earlier this year, so I checked the counter links and looked up where the hits were coming from and it was this Irish metal site forum:

http://p205.ezboard.com/fnimetalforumboardfrm1.showMessage?topicID=21961.topic

Guthrie in Megadeth?!? Shocked I'm sure he'd handle that kind of gig pretty well if necessary. Twisted Evil
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Ballit

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can´t see why anyone would not admire a player with such diversity and the ability to play such broad music. I think he should get his site up and running as soon as possible to make it easyer for people to recognise him although Irish metalheads and even players from Iceland such as myself have had the pleasure to hear him play. Wink
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballit wrote:
I can´t see why anyone would not admire a player with such diversity and the ability to play such broad music. I think he should get his site up and running as soon as possible to make it easyer for people to recognise him although Irish metalheads and even players from Iceland such as myself have had the pleasure to hear him play. Wink

Yep, Guthrie continues to generate a lot of buzz and winning over new fans on a daily basis. And yeah, he's appealing to a lot of players and music fans who would normally not listen to someone like the guys in G3 or fusion and things like that. Guthrie's appeal seems to transcend a lot of boundaries.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
James W

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the meatheads?! Laughing

erotically yours, James XXX
shredrulez

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bet guthrie could play really mean metal if he put his mind to it. i'd love to hear him do it. yeah, a lot of metal guys are meatheads for sure, but there is some intelligent metal out there, you know? i always liked gg's attitude in his playing as much as anything else. that gnarly edge in his playing is what i find so cool. it's not too polite like so many fusion players, you know what i mean? guthrie's got the ROCK besides the finesse. too much finesse and i lose interest right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: