Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Lame Fusion Attempt!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lame Fusion Attempt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatigueofheart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Lame Fusion Attempt! Reply with quote

Hi guys, Ive been trying to play fusion for a year now and i still can't quite get it down. This took me a few takes to record without messing up and i stopped right before the best part because i don't think i'm skilled enough to pull it off yet...

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VGKGLRW4412C1NN4T4CR3VRY5

So what am I doing wrong? Critiques? Suggestions? I know my timing is off...... Evil or Very Mad
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for sharing. I hear potential in what you're doing. I would have liked to have heard more of you just letting loose and just going for it. I think the ideas you have for phrasing is really good. I think it just sounds a bit forced and you're trying too hard to "nail" the notes instead of letting things flow out of you. Another suggestion I'd have is going for a somewhat smoother tone in that sort of a context. The tone is not bad at all, but I think it would have had more impact with some more gain and smoother high-mids. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you need to work on all the notes that are in the chord progression, find the common notes and experiment with the scales that can be used, find the outside notes that will work and mix it up more to see what you can come up with. there are some areas there where you could burn and it'd still sound alright. i think you need to get a little more behind the notes you're playing and dig in more.
Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dood, sounds like you're holding back.....unleash the fury...hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: