Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Hey Guys, Let Your "Voice" Be Heard!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Guys, Let Your "Voice" Be Heard!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Hey Guys, Let Your "Voice" Be Heard! Reply with quote

I was looking over the results of the User Survey for this Online Discussion site and it seemed to me that a lot of the GG forumites didn't participate. Compared to fans of Robben, Scott H, Mike Landau and even Greg Howe, I could tell we have a fairly younger crowd here and the survey demographic results didn't seem to reflect that very much considering the number of members we have here.

Please help support this great Online network which has recently added forums of absolutely great players like Greg Howe and Brett Garsed, is in the process of adding one for Jeff Beck (in the Legends section) with a host of other gear manufacturers and other convenient resources for shopping and things like that. If you haven't taken the survey, please do so and let your "voice" as a member of the GG forum be heard! We GG fans represent a younger and more upwardly mobile demographic. We need our say, so to speak! Wink

http://www.online-discussion.com/Survey.HTM

The survey is kinda long, so if you only have a few minutes, please take it when you have a little more time.

Thanks! Let's keep this forum rocking!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Delicato

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to take it but on severar questions, like nr13 where they asked if I owned any of the following kind of studios and I didn't,
there wasn't any no-answer.
I don't want to lie cause that would kind of ruin the whole point of taking the survey and not answering that question isn't an option.
So, what should one do?
RD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never participate in online surveys or whatever surveys because my personal information is just that; my personal information.

If there's anything I dislike, it's that marketing world that is trying to sell stuff to me that I really don't need.
frankus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda prissy about my personal information and have been for years now..

I entered the survey because frankly it doesn't hurt. I'd rather give information on my buying habits to guys that run these forums than cold callers, bogus ebay admin emails or an other form.

By law online forms are "opt in" you need to put yer paw print on the dotted line to say "yes spam me", they can't inadvertently forget to ask you or default it to "yes spam me" and hope you didn't notice.

Also, as an IT conslutant who spotted a shed load of activity on a famous phone companies servers a few years back, only to discover it was sanctioned scanning for private pgp keys across the entire ISP server farm by a branch of MI, there is no "your information" just information you think you've sole access to (misguidedly) you're better sharing it and increasing the volume of noise Wink

More recently at another ISP I got to work on the data warehouses, most of their data comes from interactive forms you fill out to guage your fitness or how much your girlfriend likes you etc.. and it is fricking exhaustive.. care to know how many members live outside the M25 and cycle to work, go to the gym 3 times a week and watch more than one soap opera? Thousands.

I answered the questions with the nearest match too, after converting my income to $ I found the upper limit a tad small Cool

I have the power!
shredrulez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, ed. i likewise won't participate on online surveys. i just don't believe in 'em. i understand what you're trying to do, but i'm always suspicious of these kinds of things.
Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled the survey a few days ago. I usually don't like answering surveys, but I like these boards Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: