Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Phrase Samplers!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phrase Samplers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomicpanda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Phrase Samplers! Reply with quote

Having watched Guthrie use his Boomerang to such great effect, I've decided to get me a phrase sampler. I've been looking at the boss RC-20XL, which seems very good, but I can't find the boomerang anywhere - most probably because I live in the UK. Can the Boomerang do anything that other samplers can't? Would it be worth my while waiting until a boomerang comes up on ebay or anything?

Any info would be greatly appreciated Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem the Boomerang allows you to manipulate the looped sounds a lot more but I could be wrong as I'm not familiar with the Boss unit.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Shredfiend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking into these a lot lately.

I think the Boomerang intereface looks really striaght farward and easy to use. I've heard good and bad things about the unit. But I've also heard great things about the Boss. With the Boss unit you can literally save loops, which seems like a cool feature. I plan on using a looper in the future for my acoustic gig, aswell as jamming/improv, and songwriting in the future.

Digitech also has a version coming out-Actually an updated version of the Lexicon JamMan that has a memory car slot and can be expanded to hol over 6 hours of sampling. I definately want to check this one out too.

.....maybe Guthrie can shed som light on all this aswell.
markmcg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Phrase Samplers! Reply with quote

atomicpanda wrote:
Having watched Guthrie use his Boomerang to such great effect, I've decided to get me a phrase sampler. I've been looking at the boss RC-20XL, which seems very good, but I can't find the boomerang anywhere - most probably because I live in the UK. Can the Boomerang do anything that other samplers can't? Would it be worth my while waiting until a boomerang comes up on ebay or anything?

Any info would be greatly appreciated Smile

I bought a Boomerang a couple of months ago from the US, from Music 123 in fact.

It was Mr Govan who I first saw with the 'rang and it was simply the tool I had been looking for. Something for easy loop/backing creation in a practice/teaching situation.

The interface is straight forward to use and you can easily stack sounds on top of one another which I'm sure you've seen Mr Govan do. The realtime reverse mode is also very very cool and great for live playing, though you can't store created loops you can create loops up to 4 mins long iirc.

I'm still getting to know the 'rang, there still bits of functionality I've to try, but I can safely say it suits my needs perfectly

Check out the website:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/loop.html

for more looper info/reviews and of course if you haven't already the 'rang's own site:

http://www.boomerangmusic.com/

Time is the best Teacher, unfortunately it kills all its students
http://www.mastertheguitar.co.uk : http://www.markmcguigan.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: