Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - I FINALLY GOT A SUHR!!! - Oh MY GOD!!!!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I FINALLY GOT A SUHR!!! - Oh MY GOD!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shredizalive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: I FINALLY GOT A SUHR!!! - Oh MY GOD!!!!! Reply with quote

Hello GG Forumers,

I just wanted to drop you all a note to tell you that after many months of dreaming of this gorgeous Suhr on the TM site, I decided 'go for it', and sold pretty much every guitar I owned, and approx. 1000 CD's and a few odds and ends to get what I consider the best guitar I've ever played.

I bought the GG Reverse Headstock Flame Maple Sunburst from Ed at Tone Merchants and I must say that he is an outstanding guy to deal with and words and pics do not do this guitar justice. I bought it SITE UNSEEN!!! It plays like it's been broken in for years, the action is perfect, the thing looks amazing, but the best and most amazing thing is the TONE. I understand why these guitars are getting the press and attention they deserve. I've owned almost every guitar out there and most of them are pure JUNK compared to a Suhr. It's not that it's a ground breaking, earth-shattering new design that John Suhr has developed, and believe me, I've heard some serious FLACK from some of the local guys who simply say 'you payed how much for a Strat style??'. Yes, and you know what, I would pay DOUBLE to get a guitar like this. It's really been one of the most amazing things to have a guitar of this impeccable craftsmenship in my hands and the notes flow out like butter (At least to me it sounds like so).

To anyone on this forum or who visits the TM site and is debating on buying a Suhr, seriously DO IT. Don't Ebay, don't Craig's List, call Tone Merchants, and you will not only deal with a world-class shop of polite, knowledgable pros, but the guitar you recieve will be THE guitar you've been dreaming of.

Thank you Ed and TM for litarelly making my dream come true. Now, I'm saving for Suhr #2, becuase hey, let's face it, one is not enough. Time to go get that second job.

Best wishes to all,
Peace.
dkaplowitz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! That's a great score. I got my first Suhr last week too. It's a classic and is a great strat.
Charismatetsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrads, man~~
I am saving up my money and will get my first Suhr soon.
I am just wondering though, how do you like the reverse head stock compare to the the standard ones??
M@

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww... I'm really jealous. Congrats.

But I wonder, is "shredizalive" really Ed from TM/Suhr in disguise??? (where's the emoticon for 'just joking'?) Wink

Cheers
BluePowder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

I've been lurking around the web for a really long time drooling over Suhrs! Hopefully my time will come soon. Smile
shredrulez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuthin' quite like a suhr out there. yeah, it's not the most original looking guitar out there, but it plays and sounds like nuthin' else i've ever tried. extremely lively with a pleasant snap and great definition but still sounds classic with lots of warmth and sparkle. best guitars in the world, imo, and also played by the best player in the world. Very Happy Wink
RD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats indeed Smile

Sounds like a great guitar.

Have you guys ever played on Vigier guitars? I'm interested in those as well... I wonder what the opinions on Vigier are here.... And TM deals in them as well... I'm especially interested in the 10% carbon/90 % wood construction . And the Excalibur Supra seems to be around 1300 euro/dollar... So that's a good price/quality balance if you ask me Smile
frankus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[coughs]we want pictures[/coughs] Cool

I have the power!
Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, congratulations on your purchase!!

My next two guitars will definitely be a Suhr and a Vigier (although I don't know where I am leaning to buy first).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: