Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - New fish says yo.
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New fish says yo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbid Parable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: New fish says yo. Reply with quote

Howdy folks, Morbid Parable here.

I was directly transplanted from the organic cow pastures of Wisconsin to this electric palace, via curiosity. I'm grateful that cow pastures have sufficient fertilizer which behooved the transplanting process. My roots retained a residual amount of enriched excrement, critical for a successful transplant.

Okay, enough with the buffoonery. I haven't actually heard ANY Guthrie yet, but the moderator, Ed is so meticulous and inspired in his postings of Guthrie that I am quite confident about pursuing Guthrie on blind faith. I have read many glowing posts about him on other boards as well.

I couldn't seem to find Guthries DVD's on Tone Merchants, but did email Noel. I am not a computer savvy fella. Hope to own them soon!

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to checking his stuff out.

It is exciting, letting myself let all the Guthrie fans excitement inspire me to pursue a completely unknown artist. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Peace, Love and good happiness stuff.
MP
Morbid Parable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. It seems as though my email to Noel was returned due to his mailbox being full. I'll have to go back to TM and hope my computer bewilderment subsides a bit.
blort22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I just heard of him today, and he is simply incredible. Really diverse sound borrows alot from the greats but he does it so well he may as well own it. Hope no one thinks of that as a stab at him because he does have a very original sound all of his own
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MP, welcome to the Wonderful and Slippery world of Guthrie! Laughing It's always a cool thing to know that new people are discovering Guthrie for the first time. Although I first met him 2-and-a-half years ago, it was his clinic at Tone Merchants on Jan 24 '04 that had almost a religious effect on me. Wait till you see him live someday! And the coolest humble down-to-earth chap you'll ever meet as well! Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blort22 wrote:
yeah, I just heard of him today, and he is simply incredible. Really diverse sound borrows alot from the greats but he does it so well he may as well own it. Hope no one thinks of that as a stab at him because he does have a very original sound all of his own

Well, even Jimi borrowed from T-Bone Walker, Clapton, Jeff Beck, Albert King, Townshend and a bunch who came before him. Everybody borrows from everybody. It's about what you do with what you borrow and making it yours. Guthrie is still an evolving talent. I hear things that are uniquely his own thing, but some may not be able to really hear those things yet. I really believe his style will become more distinct and original as time goes by.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Morbid Parable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no luck in my attempt to order Govan's Dvd's. Does anyone have a link that might simplify my quest?

I have seen some of the downloads, but no dvd's to satiate my thirst!

Any Help????
Morbid Parable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, my bad! My second email got to, Noel! All is super-good now!

I have ordered both DVD's from, Noel. I even told him that I thought his prices were awesome!

Noel, was simply easy to deal with!
Didn't wanna sound like I meant negative stuff towards, Noel! Cause, I never did!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: