Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - New Asia album update
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Asia album update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeduck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: New Asia album update Reply with quote

This from Inside out records:

ASIA are currently working on their new studio album

Here are the latest news from their management:

"The latest ASIA record is well underway! John, Geoff and Jay have been working everyday on their latest opus. Guthrie will be joining them soon to add his distinctive brand of guitar wizardry to the new tracks.

"Jay has proven to be a valuable addition to the song creation process", John Payne explained. "He is really participating in the structure of the new tracks, he is a phenomenal player, simply a perfectionist".

Tentatively titled "Architect of Time", the new album already has some great new tracks. Some of the tracks current names are City of Lost Angels (an up tempo 6 minute proggy track), Written on the Wind (a power ballad),
I Believe in Yesterday (an emotive piece with interesting key changes) and Since You've Been Gone (a pumping big chorus hook, could be the lead track).

The album should be released in early 2006. ASIA will be embarking on a tour with Dio and Uriah Heep in December, visiting several Scandinavian cities. They will also be doing some dates in the UK with Uriah Heep in November. Check out www.asiaworld.org for all current tour info."

Cool Wink
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. It was supposed to happen in September but I guess they're getting around to it now. Means that I should be able to see Guthrie again pretty soon! Very Happy I'm sorry to hear Chris Slade is no longer the drummer. He's a real cool guy and a great drummer.

I really do hope that Guthrie will be able to put on his creative stamp on the next album. Guthrie and the other guys in the band suggested that it might happen on this one. You know he's capable of writing some cool mainstream pop-rock tunes and melodies.

Sorry to hear that some of you guys in UK may miss him at Music Live, but you guys there have no excuses for not making the pilgrimage to the Bassment in Chelmsford! Twisted Evil Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie’s Other Zones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: