Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeduck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...? Reply with quote

I wonder how long we have to wait now...? I must admit I'm getting more and more pumped for this. I've got this feeling that Guthrie is gonna deliver a very special special early Christmas present to us and I think it'll live up to everything we're hoping for, despite our high expectations...

Smile
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...? Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
I wonder how long we have to wait now...? I must admit I'm getting more and more pumped for this. I've got this feeling that Guthrie is gonna deliver a very special special early Christmas present to us and I think it'll live up to everything we're hoping for, despite our high expectations...

Smile

Hey Treeduck,

We had a delay as a special guest joined in at Guthrie's request on "Ner Ner" Cool WOW is all I can say as I just heard the audio, the album is half mixed and sounding like the finest guitar album ever, song wise, playing wise, sound quality, band etc etc, its not an easy job as there is soo much going on as far as layers, notes and different parts etc Shocked , the album will be going down in history so its not being rushed and is soooo being done properly, it really is jaw droppingly good, and the guitar tones Wink

PCx
treeduck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...? Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
treeduck wrote:

Smile

Hey Treeduck,

We had a delay as a special guest joined in at Guthrie's request on "Ner Ner" Cool WOW is all I can say as I just heard the audio, the album is half mixed and sounding like the finest guitar album ever, song wise, playing wise, sound quality, band etc etc, its not an easy job as there is soo much going on as far as layers, notes and different parts etc Shocked , the album will be going down in history so its not being rushed and is soooo being done properly, it really is jaw droppingly good, and the guitar tones Wink

PCx

Sounds perfect, can't wait...

Cool
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Countdown to Guthrie's album release date...? Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:

Hey Treeduck,

PCx

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the update. This is indeed very exciting news. I know that you wouldn't say that it's sounding like "the finest guitar album ever" unless you really believed it. Very Happy Hey, we've waited this long so we can wait a little longer. Please make sure that it could be the best that it possibly could be!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
RD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could very well be one of the best electric guitar albums EVER!!! If it sounds as good on the namm dvd, then it certainly is gonna be one of the tastiest guitar albums ever.

I'm certainly gonna buy this album and I'd like it immediately when it gets out. I wish there was an email notification service or something similar to get notified the day it hits the stores and/or cd-websites. That's another guestion actually; I assume this album will not be available in local record stores in Europe so I'd have to buy it online, right? What are the plans marketingwise?

You know, with every guitar virtuoso's cd I've heard, there's always something, some aspect that I don't like. But with Guthrie everything seems to be spot on (still refereing to jan 19 dvd). So with this album I wouldn't even need to filter out certain songs.
frankus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dr Bunhead says in his explosive experiments.. everyone loves a count down but the substances we're mixing are rough estimates, so lets have a count up instead Wink"

I have the power!
Willjay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really, really can`t wait for this cd to be released! Shocked
You`re right, if the Jan 19th dvd is anything to go by, this will be an amazing album! Cool

RD wrote:
You know, with every guitar virtuoso's cd I've heard, there's always something, some aspect that I don't like. But with Guthrie everything seems to be spot on (still refereing to jan 19 dvd). So with this album I wouldn't even need to filter out certain songs.

Yeah, Guthrie seems to have it all when it comes to guitar playing ability and musical ability! Cool

I`ve been collecting guitar cd`s for about 13 or so years now, i have hundreds, but i have very few guitar cd`s where i can really enjoy listening to every single track, very few!
There`s always a track or two that seems to have been put there just to fill up cd space! I`d much rather have fewer tracks, but all really good!

A few cd`s where i really like every track are :

Greg Howe - Introspection
Greg Howe - Paralax
Joey Tafolla - Infra Blue
Jan Cryka`s 3 solo cd`s, especially the first one, but they are all amazing!
Shawn Lane - Powers of Ten: Live (possibly my favourite ever cd!)

Even though i`m one of the biggest Shawn Lane nut`s on the planet, i was never really fond of `Paris`, from his Powers of Ten cd, maybe i`ll like it more some day, but i REALLY love the rest of the cd!

Willie Jordan. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "Powers Of Ten" playlist:

- Not Again
- Esperanto
- Get You Back
- Grey Pianos Flying
- Epilogue For Lisa
Willjay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

- Not Again
- Esperanto
- Get You Back
- Grey Pianos Flying
- Epilogue For Lisa

Ahh! That`s heaven right there! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willjay wrote:
RD wrote:

- Not Again
- Esperanto
- Get You Back
- Grey Pianos Flying
- Epilogue For Lisa

Well I like the whole album, but you have GOT to include Illusions in your little list there, it's a truly beautiful song!!!!!
kabuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treeduck wrote:
Willjay wrote:
RD wrote:

- Not Again
- Esperanto
- Get You Back
- Grey Pianos Flying
- Epilogue For Lisa

Well I like the whole album, but you have GOT to include Illusions in your little list there, it's a truly beautiful song!!!!!

RD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I just picked the most strong ones for me. Illusions might be added indeed, but I just liked it less back then when I made that playlist. If I add Illusions, I should also ad Rules Of The Game.... And before you know it, I might have to put the rest of the songs in there too, know what I mean? Smile
Willjay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules of the Game is one of my all time fave`s!............ yeah, and i hope Guthrie`s album comes out soon! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
Well... I just picked the most strong ones for me. Illusions might be added indeed, but I just liked it less back then when I made that playlist. If I add Illusions, I should also ad Rules Of The Game.... And before you know it, I might have to put the rest of the songs in there too, know what I mean? Smile

Now there's a good idea! Very Happy Wink
treeduck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

Hey just saw your pic back on the Monster board. That's you isn't it? Nice middle finger tapping technique , doubling up as insult in case someone doesn't like your playing...

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: