Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Fellowship DVD Set List?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fellowship DVD Set List?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Fellowship DVD Set List? Reply with quote

Can somebody post the Fellowship DVD setlist and who wrote the tunes?

Thanks...
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fellowship DVD Set List? Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Can somebody post the Fellowship DVD setlist and who wrote the tunes?

Thanks...

Man, you're really making Guthrie work hard here! Laughing I'll see what I can come up with with the Fellowship CD's I have on hand.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Doctor Jazz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zak loaned me a copy of the DVD today. When I have time to watch it I'll try to jot down a tracklisting and I'll post it here.
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you ask Zak to join us up here? I really enjoyed his playing on the DVD! Great Stuff! Cool
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how about Andy Frost in that video, the beat-box guy who plays some of the meanest "drums" with his mouth?!?!? People are as blown away by him as anything else on that DVD. Amazing jaw-dropping "unreal", "insane" stuff! Shocked Those quotes are from others who have seen the DVD.

I know Guthrie, Zak, Doctor Jazz here, tend to see all this as "just good music" etc., but it's actually a lot more than that as far as a lot of other people are concerned. It's cool that Guthrie and company are so humble and down-to-earth about it all. But let's face it. This is really, really special stuff. And most of us have been around, you know? Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
tafolla-howe-govan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good is the audio quality on this DVD?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio quality is very good - better than the video quality. Guthrie fans definitely need to see and listen to this DVD.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Duncan M

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone post a link to where I can buy the Bassment dvd please?

Me be desperate! Shocked
Doctor Jazz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to watch all of the DVD yet but here's an update on the track listing:

1. I Remember Wes
2. Lucky Seven
3. Afro Blue
4. have A Talk With God

8. Hide And Seek
9. Saturday Night At The Cadillac Club

11. Headin' Home
12. Can't Dance
13. The Chicken

I'm sure Zak appreciates those comments about his playing. I know that he reads this board ... Don't know if he's signed in yet

I've had the pleasure of playing with Zak, Guthrie and Andy and while you could say it's "just good music", you're absolutely right that there's something really special going on with all of them ... They're the nicest guys that you could hope to meet but they sure can play!

Will try to post the rest of the tracks when I've watched all of the DVD ... I'm struggling with Track 10!
Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the DVD.

What an incredible performance! The beatbox thing was cool (despite my initial hatred towards it because of Justin Timberlake). I loved Guthrie's zany use of those effects....nothing prepared me for that one.

thanks Ed!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
I just got the DVD.

What an incredible performance! The beatbox thing was cool (despite my initial hatred towards it because of Justin Timberlake). I loved Guthrie's zany use of those effects....nothing prepared me for that one.

thanks Ed!

Glad you got it and enjoyed it. It is pretty amazing, isn't it? I didn't care for that beatbox thing initially either, but then you really see what he's doing and it's pretty incredible. You see how different the whole thing is from the clinic DVD?

Yeah, Guthrie could play dry with absolutely no effects or with a pedalboard full of gizmos and he'll still sound extremely musical and tasteful. That's what sets him apart. I'm going to make sure Guthrie at least gets to try out all of the cool "best-of-the-best" gear that I carry at the shop.

It was fun having Scott Henderson and Allan Holdsworth roaming around the shop all wide-eyed saying, "Wow, you've got all kinds of cool stuff in here!" Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha.....nice

you certainly have the ultimate candy store there Cool

I always play dry, just my Keeley ds-1 or ts-9....but I'm starting to develop GAS now....oh no! Shocked

Man, Guthrie has really encouraged me to expand my own playing from every which way possible.
kabuki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the DVD today, thanks ED! Only had the chance to watch the first 3 tunes so far.

First of all HOLY FLURKING SNIT!!! I almost had a seizure when Afro Blue came on Shocked

Second of all - WHO THE #%&$ IS THE SAX PLAYER?!? That guy is phenomenal! Absolutely effortless blowing.

And lastly - Guthrie, you have quickly risen from an unknown to me to one of my top 3 favorite players.

Geez!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabuki wrote:
Got the DVD today, thanks ED! Only had the chance to watch the first 3 tunes so far.

First of all HOLY FLURKING SNIT!!! I almost had a seizure when Afro Blue came on Shocked

Second of all - WHO THE #%&$ IS THE SAX PLAYER?!? That guy is phenomenal! Absolutely effortless blowing.

And lastly - Guthrie, you have quickly risen from an unknown to me to one of my top 3 favorite players.

Geez!

Only the first 3 tracks, eh? Wait till you see the rest! Razz Wink

The sax player is Zak Barrett. And he'll be coming over with Guthrie along with Seth Govan (Guthrie's bro) on bass and Pete Riley on drums for the NAMM concerts. After watching this video, I told Guthrie, "You need to bring along Zak. I'll pay for his airfare and whatever. Bring Zak along!"

So the idea is for Guthrie to play two sets during his shows: the first set of his rock/shred-oriented solo stuff for about 45 minutes to an hour, then a 10~15 minute break then another 45~60 minutes of this mindblowing Fellowship stuff. Dude, make your reservations now to see these shows!!! Escape the snow to enjoy the warm sunshine during the days and some mindblowing shows featuring Guthrie, Zak and the crew in the evenings! Mr. Green It'll be worth the trip, I can guarantee...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
oliver_southgate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
And how about Andy Frost in that video, the beat-box guy who plays some of the meanest "drums" with his mouth?!?!? People are as blown away by him as anything else on that DVD. Amazing jaw-dropping "unreal", "insane" stuff! Shocked Those quotes are from others who have seen the DVD.

I know Guthrie, Zak, Doctor Jazz here, tend to see all this as "just good music" etc., but it's actually a lot more than that as far as a lot of other people are concerned. It's cool that Guthrie and company are so humble and down-to-earth about it all. But let's face it. This is really, really special stuff. And most of us have been around, you know? Wink

Andy is pretty good at that beatboxing isn't he. I've been a friend of his for years and we have just made a DVD all about the beatboxing he does. It's got a clip of Andy with The Fellowship at the Bassment playing Englishman in New York. It's mainly for beatboxers though. See www.andyfrostbeatbox.com for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: