Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - www.Guthriegovan.co.uk
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

www.Guthriegovan.co.uk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tafolla-howe-govan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: www.Guthriegovan.co.uk Reply with quote

Has anybody tried to go there recently? I just noticed that the background graphic has been changed, and now it just says coming soon...I can't wait Cool
WYNIR0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just buying time. Evil or Very Mad

Pull your finger out Guthrie Laughing Laughing

And you can show restraint and good taste

Then you my boy will be a man. - Thing, hitting the nail on the head - July'04.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WYNIR0 wrote:
Pull your finger out Guthrie Laughing Laughing

Bloody hell, I didn't realise it was going to be *that* sort of site. I shall be writing to the Daily Mail about this... Wink

Adrian
frankus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he wants a website written by a local web-site developer for local guitar heroes..

There will be two in the audience, that I know of tonight.. One of them is already writing a guitar website for an ACM teacher Wink

I have the power!
jason.morris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be Pete "also-needs-to-pull-his-bleedin-finger-out" Callard by any chance?
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, watch the GT forum for the url, I think it'll be a bit better than the current batch of online guitar resources and lessons. Of course I could be biased Wink

Guthrie has plans for the site and a professional in mind, but has other obligations to do first... Do you want a Guthrie website or more Guthrie music ? Hmm tricky one... Laughing

I have the power!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: www.guthriegovan.com Reply with quote

I noticed guthriegovan.com is taken. I hope Guthrie owns it and not some squatter trying to make money off of that name!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Donnie B.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: www.guthriegovan.com Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
and not some squatter trying to make money off of that name!

uhm, we are talking about the virtuoso guitar player who may just be one of the best players alive on the planet today right???

If so, I hate to say that the comment struck me funny. Now if we were talking about www.timberlake.com then I'd understand Very Happy
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: www.guthriegovan.com Reply with quote

Donnie B. wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
and not some squatter trying to make money off of that name!

uhm, we are talking about the virtuoso guitar player who may just be one of the best players alive on the planet today right???

If so, I hate to say that the comment struck me funny. Now if we were talking about www.timberlake.com then I'd understand Very Happy

Hmmm... maybe there's something that I'm not picking up here? Confused

I noticed Allan Holdsworth's official site is:

www.therealallanholdsworth.com

and not

www.allanholdsworth.com

And I also heard that Yngwie's official website ends in .org because someone else owns yngwie.com and wants Yngwie to pay a lot of money for it.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the t-shirt you're wearing there Guthrie Smile
Schamby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what is causing the delay? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Newbie here again, thirsty for any more info on GG than I've found so far (although I just discovered the forum a week or so ago, so I've still got a lot of reading to catch up! Rolling Eyes )

Anyway, I would love to see a GG website in the near future, and I was wondering if anyone has heard from Guthrie on what issues might be causing the delay in rolling out a website? I know that artists oftentimes find it challenging finding time to devote time to such an endeavor, what with practicing, touring, composing, recording, and whatnot. My best friend was the original creator/webmaster for Bucketheadland.com and I heard the stories of trying to get Bucket to get him content, etc.--it was often a challenge even trying to get in touch with him, much less plan a website (but then again, Bucket may be a bit more of a "case" than most! Wink ).

Although I'm mainly asking out of curiosity, I also wondered if he might be having trouble getting someone to work on it consistently with him. If that's the case, I would be very interested in helping out. Although I'm not a professional web designer, I've been involved in IT professionally over ten years, and I've recently begun coding some stuff for my wife's 5th Grade Class. Also, my best friend at work has been a web designer for just as long, and he's offered to help me learn the ropes.

Because I'm essentially a novice, I would offer my services at no charge, if only for the opportunity to work with Guthrie and help get the word out to the world about such an exciting artist. I apologize in advance if this isn't the proper forum for such a proposal, and I certainly don't want to offend anyone that may already be working with him--it's just a thought I had whilst reading through the posts and jamming Silent Nation (perhaps one too many cups of coffee this A.M., as well Wink ), so please fogive me for any indiscressions.

Schamby
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I drunkenly spoke to Guthrie about the issue, he was going to use the guy who Jamie Humphries recommended. I think at present commitments to Asia, the Fellowship, Tone Merchants, Guitar Techniques, the BIMM and hopefully the Erotic Cakes album are pushing back any work on the site.

I have the power!
Schamby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks frankus! I thought that was more likely the case--musicians work so hard to get anywhere at all in the music business, so I am totally understanding of where priorities lie. Jamie's site is pretty cool, so we should have some good things to look forward to when GG's site is ready. Smile

Schamby Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose I'm officially in charge of building his new site, but after chasing him and running out of ways to say "Oh, ok then...I'll try later" to his partner I decided to leave it and let him get back to me about the whole affair when he has a less busy schedule.

I can't wait to get to work on the site and foresee it having a fair smattering of surrealist/conceptual/gritty stuff going on. I was going to ask whether I could save time and use this place as GG's home forum - makes sense as you've already got a healthy user base. You may have noticed the link I put up on the UK site.

Cheers.

PS: If you do happen upon this message Guthrie, perhaps you'll get an opportunity to land for a while soon and come down to see me in sunny Rochester for a cup of tea and other creative pleasantries. Smile You can grab my email/telephone number from Jamie if you need it. Oh, and you're getting about 800-900 hits on the holding page per week at the moment and it's steadily growing.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5711 wrote:
Yeah, I suppose I'm officially in charge of building his new site, but after chasing him and running out of ways to say "Oh, ok then...I'll try later" to his partner I decided to leave it and let him get back to me about the whole affair when he has a less busy schedule.

I can't wait to get to work on the site and foresee it having a fair smattering of surrealist/conceptual/gritty stuff going on. I was going to ask whether I could save time and use this place as GG's home forum - makes sense as you've already got a healthy user base. You may have noticed the link I put up on the UK site.

Cheers.

PS: If you do happen upon this message Guthrie, perhaps you'll get an opportunity to land for a while soon and come down to see me in sunny Rochester for a cup of tea and other creative pleasantries. Smile You can grab my email/telephone number from Jamie if you need it. Oh, and you're getting about 800-900 hits on the holding page per week at the moment and it's steadily growing.

Cool... Cool All of us can't wait for the site to be finally done. Yeah, and it doesn't surprise me about the number of hits growing on the holding page. The two GG video clips pages get about 200 hits combined per day. They are by far the two most popular pages on the TM site. The steady growth has been an encouraging thing to observe. Judging by the Jamie site, I'm sure the GG site will be really cool as well. The world needs it!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: