Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - GG's pickups in his Suhr guitars
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GG's pickups in his Suhr guitars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: GG's pickups in his Suhr guitars Reply with quote

Hey, I was wondering what kind of pickups Guthrie has in his Suhr guitars. Info please? Smile
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specs can be found:
Classic T
Classic
Root Beer Standard
Ed's custom Suhr

I have the power!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On his two Standards, the DSH+ in the bridge, the V60LP in the middle, and the DSV in the neck. It's all V60LP's in his Classic and the Broadcaster bridge pickup and the Chrome Neck T pickup in his Classic T.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Dee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool of you to give Guthrie your Suhr, Ed. Just been reading the thread. He should hae one with beard inlays though. Hehe.

Thanks for the info guys. I would truly love to own a Suhr one day.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:
I would truly love to own a Suhr one day.

Yes but which one? My advice: start agonising over it now Wink

I have the power!
Dee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno which one... it'd be hard to choose. It'd have to be a custom build with my own specs.
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I've narrowed it down to these:

a Suhr Classic with a reversed headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Buzz Feighton compensated 1.687" nut, maple fretboard with a slim 60s neck and a 16" radius, abalone fret markers, Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, White Pearloid scratchplate, Volume Tone Blend controls, V60LP Pickups, a Silent Single Coil System, with a one piece swamp ash body in transparent green, recessed Gotoh 1055 Tremolo with a steel block and a side mounted jack.

a Suhr Classic with a reversed headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Buzz Feighton compensated 1.687" nut, maple fretboard with a slim 60s neck and a 16" radius, abalone fret markers, Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, White Pearloid scratchplate, Volume Tone Blend controls, V60LP Pickups, a Silent Single Coil System, with a one piece swamp ash body in transparent green, recessed Gotoh 1055 Tremolo with a steel block and a face mounted jack.

a Suhr Classic with a reversed headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Buzz Feighton compensated 1.687" nut, pao ferro fretboard on with a maple slim 60s neck and a 10"-14" radius, abalone fret markers, Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, White Pearloid scratchplate, Volume Tone Blend controls, V60LP Pickups, a Silent Single Coil System, with a one piece swamp ash body in transparent green, recessed Wilkinson Classic Tremolo with a steel block and a face mounted jack.

a Suhr Classic with a reversed headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Buzz Feighton compensated 1.687" nut,pao ferro fretboard with a maple slim 60s neck and a 10"-14" radius, abalone fret markers, Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, Brown Pearloid scratchplate, Volume Tone Blend controls, V60LP Pickups, a Silent Single Coil System, with a one piece swamp ash body in a mary k white, recessed Wilkinson Classic Tremolo with a steel block and a face mounted jack.

Or

a Suhr Standard with a reversed headstock, Sperzel Locking Tuners, a Buzz Feighton compensated 1.687" nut,pao ferro fretboard with a maple slim 60s neck and a 10"-14" radius, abalone fret markers, Stainless Steel Jumbo frets, DSV, V60LP, DSH Pickups, with a chambered mahogany body with a quilted maple top in a root beer with an f-hole binding, recessed Wilkinson Classic Tremolo with a steel block and a side mounted jack.

I've only been thinking about it for 5 months Wink

I have the power!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, choices, choices, choices... Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: