Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - bluesjamtracks back online with new Guthrieness!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bluesjamtracks back online with new Guthrieness!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrianclark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: bluesjamtracks back online with new Guthrieness! Reply with quote

Whoa, that was painful. It's so frustrating, having to take a site offline because of technical difficulties created by someone else (stand up, Paypal Wink)

However, we're back online with a better payment system, a new site design, all the old stuff and, as promised, the new Contemporary jam tracks set with ten solos by Guthrie!

Point your eyes and ears here... http://www.bluesjamtracks.com Smile

adrian
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adrian,

All this is great. Congrats on getting the new site up.

Do you think you'll also be working on some non-blues type of backing tracks? Perhaps something heavy-progressive, something really jazzy, etc.? The blues stuff is great, but there are guys who'd like to jam over other kinds of stuff. Plus, we'd also love to see Guthrie improvise over other kinds of progressions.

It does seem that some of the faithful are getting a little bored with Guthrie just jamming over the blues tracks.

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53077

Thanks,
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things must be bad when the Petrucci fans are getting bored Wink They've got a point, though... we also want to start looking into some fusion and other rock/pop ideas for our jam tracks.

We're somewhat restricted in terms of genre by that site (it is "bluesjamtracks" after all) but we'll stretch the definition of "blues" as far as we can, and if necessary we'll start up another site Smile

adrian
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianclark wrote:
Things must be bad when the Petrucci fans are getting bored Wink They've got a point, though... we also want to start looking into some fusion and other rock/pop ideas for our jam tracks.

We're somewhat restricted in terms of genre by that site (it is "bluesjamtracks" after all) but we'll stretch the definition of "blues" as far as we can, and if necessary we'll start up another site Smile

adrian

Hi Adrian,

I don't think you really need to start a whole new site to offer other types of styles. As you know, it's a lot of work to get a new name, new business and new site started. You've done a lot to establish bluesjamtracks.com, so my thinking is that you just need to offer alternative style backing tracks from the same site. The thing is that Guthrie excels in so many styles and you'd also reach a wider audience - especially the shred and fusion maniacs. Razz
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we'd certainly want to keep any extra work to the minimum, Ed. One thing I've had in mind for a while would be the possibility of simply cloning the site (maybe changing the colour scheme), and using the clone for non-blues stuff. I've already registered rockjamtracks.com, so that'd be an easy way of creating a whole new project, while using the same hosting, payment code, etc. Smile

adrian
markmcg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh @ potential of other backing track sites.

All that sitting about doing nothing getting to you and Mr Cyrka? Wink

Of course, new site and Contemporary Blues package totally totally rocks! \m/

Everyone must buybuybuy! The Backings are awesome and the added bonus of a Guthrie solo is mindblowing.

P.S - *yawn* @ the petrucci forum guys who are finding it boring, clearly they don't see the seemingly limitless depth the 'blues' can offer musically, too busy watching for technique rather than listening to the notes Wink.

Time is the best Teacher, unfortunately it kills all its students
http://www.mastertheguitar.co.uk : http://www.markmcguigan.com
Jon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianclark wrote:
Yeah, we'd certainly want to keep any extra work to the minimum, Ed. One thing I've had in mind for a while would be the possibility of simply cloning the site (maybe changing the colour scheme), and using the clone for non-blues stuff. I've already registered rockjamtracks.com, so that'd be an easy way of creating a whole new project, while using the same hosting, payment code, etc. Smile

adrian

You mean you haven't already registered jazzfunkfusionprogrockfolkbluegrassjamtracks.com?

Ha! I'm going to register it right now & you'll have to pay me a fortune to buy it back!!!

New site looks great though! Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianclark wrote:

adrian

Yeah, it's like us covering a lot of different products segments. We're primarily known for guitars but we also produce, market and sell basses, amps, pickups, cabinets, and other guitar-related accessories and parts. As long as you have that one central place that people are familiar with, then you can slowly start building other kinds of clientele from there. The same basic look but a different color scheme with few other visual tweaks to appeal to a different kind of crowd is a good idea. It's like us making a relic type of '52 Butterscotch Tele for that vintage country type of crowd and also making the new sleek Floyd-equipped 24 fret axe for the shred/fusion crowd. They're all good I say! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
You mean you haven't already registered jazzfunkfusionprogrockfolkbluegrassjamtracks.com?

It's so last year, man... all the cool kids are into jazzfunkprogrockfolkbluegrassgrimejamtracks these days Wink Very Happy

adrian
Jon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianclark wrote:
Jon wrote:

It's so last year, man... all the cool kids are into jazzfunkprogrockfolkbluegrassgrimejamtracks these days Wink Very Happy

adrian

Damn! I'm sooo uncool!

Have you considered expanding the site to include tuition clips at some point?

Actually, one trick that I think Guitarist and Guitar Techniques have missed is to sell mp3s and pdfs of previous lessons online in the way that Truefire.com have done with Guitar Player lessons. There are tons of old lessons that I would pay to have the whole series of e.g. Guthrie's Blues and Rock Mutations, Pete Callard's Jazz series etc. I assume that there aren't any copyright issues with these and it wouldn't be majorly difficult to set up.
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
adrianclark wrote:

adrian

Yeah, it's like us covering a lot of different products segments. We're primarily known for guitars but we also produce, market and sell basses, amps, pickups, cabinets, and other guitar-related accessories and parts. As long as you have that one central place that people are familiar with, then you can slowly start building other kinds of clientele from there. The same basic look but a different color scheme with few other visual tweaks to appeal to a different kind of crowd is a good idea. It's like us making a relic type of '52 Butterscotch Tele for that vintage country type of crowd and also making the new sleek Floyd-equipped 24 fret axe for the shred/fusion crowd. They're all good I say! Wink

Hi chaps,

Part of the trick is seperating your css (stylesheets) into layout, typography and colour-scheme. Try and retain the layout and typography as they're the best definitions of an online brand - also the hardest things to get right for browser compliance and accessibility.

Next up, NEVER name a CSS item GreenButton... eventually you'll change the colour.. at present you're using Dreamweaver, Ade, it will become trickier as the the sites increase in number or variety.. so do think of splitting the style from the content... it'll pay dividends. The sooner the better too Sad

It should be possible to simply reuse the existing PHP maybe revised a little for each location.. that way you save yourself the bother of having to update more than one site's code base - although it depends if they all evolve along the same lines.

Hope that helps and isn't patronising, obscure or annoying ... you guys are doing a great job on fun sites Sad

I have the power!
adrianclark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
Next up, NEVER name a CSS item GreenButton... eventually you'll change the colour.. at present you're using Dreamweaver, Ade, it will become trickier as the the sites increase in number or variety.. so do think of splitting the style from the content... it'll pay dividends. The sooner the better too Sad

It's not me personally... after having trouble keeping up with all the problems and support queries, we got a new tech person to do a more thorough job of overseeing the workings of the site. I was a bit surprised how much "old-fashioned" code he was using (where I'd probably be incredibly anal about making everything standards-compliant) but then it's nice to be in a position at last where Jan and I don't have to babysit the site constantly Smile

adrian
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuff said, congratulations on being able to stand back ... that thar is the first steps to greatness Wink

I have the power!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Adrian, so any progress on rockjamtracks.com? Seems Guthrie's got a cool new blue axe and some new amps that will be perfectly suited for that? Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: