Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Dude... There's my CD!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dude... There's my CD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it so long and listened to it so many times that I've actually got bored of it by now Laughing .
treeduck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelordofcheesecake wrote:
I've had it so long and listened to it so many times that I've actually got bored of it by now Laughing .

You have to learn not to overplay stuff Cheesey...

Wink
qatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine the day it came out I'm on Georgia and got it today!!!
Dee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is f*cking great to know!

Sad

Evil or Very Mad
scarified

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida arrived today too. (Ordered on the day of release).
Schamby

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Sorry to Fuel the Fires of Envy and Discontent. . . Reply with quote

. . .but mine arrived in Arizona yesterday (ordered on the morning of the day of release). Rolling Eyes

I've already listened to the whole thing 5-6 times and I can honestly say-FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! Shocked

Thanks to Guthrie, Cornford Records, Jan, Richie, Bumblefoot and everyone else that made this record possible in one way or another. It's exactly what I was hoping for and even though I know it's vastly premature, I can't wait for more. Laughing

For those of you still waiting, don't worry--it's absolutely worth the wait!

Wink
Dee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it is worth the wait, but at the risk of sounding like a whining little bitch, I'll speak my mind.

I wish it was being done on a "first come, first served" basis. I get slightly annoyed when I give someone a heads up on the album release and they order days later than I did, yet they receive theirs before I get mine. It's even worse if they live thousands of miles away and I'm in the same country as the CD is being sent from. This is wrong, and in my opinion Cornford Records has gotten off to a bad start. I feel let down. If it was eBay you'd want t o give the seller some crappy feedback, right? I wouldn't mind so much but I don't have a job or any income at ALL. I had to borrow money to buy the frickin album in the first place.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:
I'm sure it is worth the wait, but at the risk of sounding like a whining little bitch, I'll speak my mind.

I wish it was being done on a "first come, first served" basis. I get slightly annoyed when I give someone a heads up on the album release and they order days later than I did, yet they receive theirs before I get mine. It's even worse if they live thousands of miles away and I'm in the same country as the CD is being sent from. This is wrong, and in my opinion Cornford Records has gotten off to a bad start. I feel let down. If it was eBay you'd want t o give the seller some crappy feedback, right? I wouldn't mind so much but I don't have a job or any income at ALL. I had to borrow money to buy the frickin album in the first place.

It seems you should call the Cornford office and see what's up. It's possible the order didn't come through or whatever. It doesn't sound right when you're in UK and you ordered first and people in US are now starting to receive it. Glitches happen and it's not always the vendor's fault. Call Paul and check up on the status. I'm sure he'll take care of it for ya.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Dee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed. I'm not sure, but the money came out of the account shortly after I placed the order. I'd have to check the statement to be sure of the exact date.

I will PM Paul with the account name and PayPal email adress that was used.
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:

I wish it was being done on a "first come, first served" basis. I get slightly annoyed when I give someone a heads up on the album release and they order days later than I did, yet they receive theirs before I get mine. It's even worse if they live thousands of miles away and I'm in the same country as the CD is being sent from. This is wrong, and in my opinion Cornford Records has gotten off to a bad start. I feel let down. If it was eBay you'd want t o give the seller some crappie feedback, right? I wouldn't mind so much but I don't have a job or any income at ALL. I had to borrow money to buy the frickin album in the first place.

Hi Dee,

I have have a ton of people mail me about all of the forums that you have posted on saying that you are not very happy with Cornford Records and that we are a little bit (how do you say?) not very good,

1st off you or anyone can phone us with any complaints on 01227 280000, 2 the c.d. has only had its forum fan release for under 2 weeks (not to long me thinks) so no panic, 3 if you have a problem you can email us on, info@cornfordrecords.com or paul@cornfordamps.com or though Myspace cornfordrecords or Myspace cornford amps, as you have done quite a few times and had many replies! or fax us 01227 771158 etc etc, we can be contacted personally to talk about any problems? and you have contacted us personally so it can be done! i.e. not just start saying stuff all over the net and being negative when there is no problem in the 1st place, your c.d. along with everyone else that ordered before the 22nd of August has been posted, everyone that ordered after the 22nd will be posted tomorrow, if you really feel you need to leave us negative feedback? please do so.

We are all really sorry to hear that you are unemployed and have no money and had to borrow the money to buy the c.d., that is really sad, and we didn't know this, we really thought that you were totally sorting the whole Planet X thing and sorted in life? as I say we are really sorry that you are in this really bad situation financially but your c.d. is in the post and you will receive it really soon, the same as everyone else
Dee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I PM'd you on here just a second ago. If it's possible to check your records and see that the payment has been received it'd be helpful to me. The money came out of the account sometime between 13th and 17th August.

I hate complaining, I really do, and I made this clear in the first post of the thread, but it's been close to 2 weeks already and obviously I haven't received anything. Maybe I was foolish to expect the CD to turn up just a few days later and should have expected that there could be a hiccup along the line somewhere.

Regardless of this, I'm hoping it's just a glitch, as Ed said. I am fully in support of both Guthrie and Cornford Records. I can't explain how much I've been pushing for all of you on various forums and to my friends in "real life", but I have gradually become disappointed.

I'm sure we'll work it all out somehow. Please accept my apologies for all this, I'm in a shitty mood again!

PS: Regarding the work I do for Derek and Planet X, I don't get paid in cash, though Derek is good to me and sends me plenty of merchandise, CD's, shirts, posters, limited edition signed stuff, etc. Maybe I'm stupid for doing it, but I'm a fan, and if I didn't do it, someone else would. I can't think of any forum mod who gets paid for doing what they do.

Quote:
I have have a ton of people mail me about all of the forums that you have posted on saying that you are not very happy with Cornford Records and that we are a little bit (how do you say?) not very good

Paul, please tell me where I'm supposed to have posted this? I only post on about 4 forums, and one of those isn't music-related. I have mentioned the fact that my CD hasn't turned up on one forum only (besides this one here). I said that my CD hasn't arrived and that I was a bit pissed off about it, as have several other people. Whoever has told you that "you / Cornford are not very good" is talking bullshit. I never said that.

Last edited by Dee on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Dee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go: a link to the exact post I'm talking about -- http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=520367&postcount=68

That's as "bad" as it got from me. No mention of me saying Cornford is crap! I love you guys, for real.

The whole thread: http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50731

My rather large "advertisement" for the CD at the Planet X board: http://www.xplanetx.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=903
Zorsshelter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine the 12th, money taken the 17th, not received the cd yet.......... Crying or Very sad
Yngtchie Blacksteen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mail today, my Guthrie's still away... Sad
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing Fish wrote:

Aw... Easy there, white folks! I told y'all'd be get-tin' yo' fairies on a string after a while, 'n y'know dat sort o' thing take a little time to woik up to in yo' BROADWAY SITCHYATIUM! an' remember folks today is a new day on BBBBBroadway... tawkin bout them Erotic Cakes they be whippin' up down in Whit-ste-uble..

During de intromissium wu'd the sister wid de MBA's hit de lobby 'n sell some shit, 'fo de customers over-run yo' ass!

I'd be interested to hear from Paul how sales are going, how many albums sold? Or is it secret as it's part of the marketting information? It'd certainly help people sympathise with the distribution team? It doesn't need to be really specific... just a line on the ole' Yachtometer

Laughing all meant in jest Wink

I have the power!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: