Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Tab out WAVES?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tab out WAVES?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: waves tab Reply with quote

thanks 2bking for the waves tab.

got the cd yesterday and just can´t stop replaying the waves theme.

absolute great work!!!!!
Errock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need the new version Sad
2BKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: waves tab Reply with quote

wolfi wrote:
thanks 2bking for the waves tab.

got the cd yesterday and just can´t stop replaying the waves theme.

absolute great work!!!!!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It took a long time to make it sound like that.

I can't believe how good the Realistic Sound Engine in Guitar Pro 5 sounds compared to normal midi playback.

I even did the waves and panning like the real song. I hope they update the drum sounds though.

Happy New Year.
wire_frame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome!
Could you please send it to
wire_frame01@hotmail.com
Thanks man!
vidisic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a perfect player.

Please, could you send me the tab to

planeti@gmx.de

Thank you in advance

and Best Regards
plattypuss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone just post a link?

if not plattypuss@gmail.com

thanks!

Dead Ferret Conundrum
plattypuss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that!

Really good tab.

Even has the sound effects haha Very Happy

Good job

Dead Ferret Conundrum
RavenR1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I'm curious. How much did you transcribe? I'd appreciate it if you could send to me as well.

Thanks!

edit: I guess this is directed to 2Bking.

Last edited by RavenR1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeriton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could ya send it my way? Smile

conscriptchaz (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
hippo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me 2 pretty please.... grimsbysonlyhippo@hotmail.com
playajay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pleeeeese could u send it to me! it would really make my day (or month. or years!)

deartraub@hotmail.com
cheers
RavenR1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2BKing wrote:
Just did the intro in Guitar Pro 5 with Guitar, Bass and Drums.

If you have Guitar Pro 5. I could email it to anyone who wants it.

Thanks for this! It sounds great!! That's a lot of work and I really appreciate you sharing it. If you saw my other thread, I may have mentioned I was going to try and 'GP5' some of my handwritten tab this weekend. But instead, I spent my 'tabbing time' handwriting part of Waves.

There are a few versions of the 13 second Waves intro theme floating about the net and after having learned that I wanted to learn the next bit. The fingering I wrote is different from yours in certain spots. After trying to play your version, I think I prefer most of your tab fingering for the second part (after the repeat bar), ESPECIALLY for the 12th measure!!! Gawd, my version just didn't flow at all!!

But, I will say that, for the transition between measure 10 and 11, I couldn't really get your tab fingering to flow for me. Something about getting to the 5th fret on the A string didn't work for me unless I did something weird. I just substituted my tab fingering for that section:

For the last four notes of measure 10 and going into 11 -- Instead of sliding 11-9 on the G string, I stay on the B string and slide down to the 7th fret with 2nd finger, then first finger on 5th fret of B string, then THIRD finger slide from 7 to 6 on D string, then SECOND finger on 5th fret A string so your FIRST finger is free to fret the 4th on the G string. (I know, reading this is kind of confusing.)

edited to add: SEE MY SCANS ON THE NEXT PAGE OF THIS THREAD!

Also, I managed to tab the next bit, all the way up to where it returns to the main theme at 1:15 -- with the aid of Amazing Slow-Downer. I refuse to believe that any human could tab those fast runs by ear (Guthrie doesn't count, he's not human). Even with the software slowing it down to the maximum (20%), it's still hard to pick up some of the notes. With that said, I'm sure my version isn't completely accurate but it gives you some idea of where to go. I'll scan what I have at some point today and post it here in case anyone is curious. I think, when played at about 1/4 speed, it sounds cool. Good luck playing it at Guthrie speed, though. Jeez.

Last edited by RavenR1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
kirkpetrucci

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send the tab to me too please?

kirkpetrucci14@yahoo.com
2BKing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavenR1 wrote:
2BKing wrote:
Just did the intro in Guitar Pro 5 with Guitar, Bass and Drums.

If you have Guitar Pro 5. I could email it to anyone who wants it.

Thanks for this! It sounds great!! That's a lot of work and I really appreciate you sharing it. If you saw my other thread, I may have mentioned I was going to try and 'GP5' some of my handwritten tab this weekend. But instead, I spent my 'tabbing time' handwriting part of Waves.

There are a few versions of the 13 second Waves intro theme floating about the net and after having learned that I wanted to learn the next bit. The fingering I wrote is different from yours in certain spots. After trying to play your version, I think I prefer most of your tab fingering for the second part (after the repeat bar), ESPECIALLY for the 12th measure!!! Gawd, my version just didn't flow at all!!

But, I will say that, for the transition between measure 10 and 11, I couldn't really get your tab fingering to flow for me. Something about getting to the 5th fret on the A string didn't work for me unless I did something weird. I just substituted my tab fingering for that section:

For the last four notes of measure 10 and going into 11 -- Instead of sliding 11-9 on the G string, I stay on the B string and slide down to the 7th fret with 2nd finger, then first finger on 5th fret of B string, then THIRD finger slide from 7 to 6 on D string, then SECOND finger on 5th fret A string so your FIRST finger is free to fret the 4th on the G string. (I know, reading this is kind of confusing.)

Also, I managed to tab the next bit, all the way up to where it returns to the main theme at 1:15 -- with the aid of Amazing Slow-Downer. I refuse to believe that any human could tab those fast runs by ear (Guthrie doesn't count, he's not human). Even with the software slowing it down to the maximum (20%), it's still hard to pick up some of the notes. With that said, I'm sure my version isn't completely accurate but it gives you some idea of where to go. I'll scan what I have at some point today and post it here in case anyone is curious. I think, when played at about 1/4 speed, it sounds cool. Good luck playing it at Guthrie speed, though. Jeez.

Thanks for your commends. I think you might be right about the transition. If you sub. the 5 fret 5th string with an open D it will flow nicely. ( Flow.. Waves ) I love it.

Would like to hear ( see ) your scan of the next section. If we all chip in we might finish the tune sooner than later.
kirkpetrucci

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tab of Wonderful Slippery Thing! I can't get Waves to work though...I have GP5. It says "please update Guitar Pro software".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: