Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Feedback on the alloutguitar Guthrie Interview New Format?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback on the alloutguitar Guthrie Interview New Format?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenvaughan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Feedback on the alloutguitar Guthrie Interview New Format? Reply with quote

As this forum that I have consulted the most I wonder if some of you can give me some feedback.

Have any of you had a chance to look at the re-jigged Guthrie (and Greg Howe, Andy T etc) Interview formats?

Also can you have a listen to the Greg Howe and Andy T style guides (to hear the full solos you will for the time being need to download them, but soon these will be available straight up); what do you think of these and also the lesson format in general (especially when you click for the examples and the seperate box comes up with the player and stave/tab)?

As we are constantly developing this there are areas that are not 100% there yet, but in general do you think we are going in the right direction?

By the next issue we should have the alloutguitar instumental track ready, and each month we shall invite the interviewees to lay down a solo over the track. This track will then be downloadable to all registered users. The idea being that eventually this will develop into a sprawling epic with all our fave players playing back to back. Monthly edits of the track will also be available.

All the interviewees I have asked so far have agreed to do this (obviously time restraints means that for some of them the solos may arrive a few months after their interview appears) - and yes, Guthrie has - and I think this is a great idea.

We sort of got the idea from Dweezils fabled epic instrumental with people like EVH, Eric Johnson, Brian May and others that has never seen the light of day.

Cheers for now

Owen
NESFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems nicer. The ability to jump to a particular topic, the edits in the text format, and the occasional different pictures are a good touch. Definitely easier to sort through.
Edovinus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better imo. All the bold parts were a bit confusing in the original format. I also like the index too. Very nice. Good move, Owen.
Alun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Owen, it certinaly is easier to navigate now.
My personal preference (and that's all it is Smile ) would be to shift the account info into a horizontal bar parallel with the menu and possibly not show the interviewer's profile on every single page. That would allow the interview more screen room horizontally and cut down the amount of clicking and scrolling.

At the moment, I find the interviews almost incidental to the rest of the content/advertising instead of being the main focal point.

It's a sad fact of web design that we need advertising, but possibly this could be placed at the header and footer (as it is here) which again would allow more screen width for the main content.

Cheers,
Alun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: