Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - "Waves" transcription
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Waves" transcription

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starbarncabco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: "Waves" transcription Reply with quote

Here's part of a transcription I'm doing of "Waves".
Let me know what ya'll think.

http://www.ksgb.com/freelessons.html

(scroll down to Transcriptions and download the .tif file)

This was done with Finale & The Amazing Slow-Downer.
RavenR1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for tabbing this part out!!

The first time I heard Waves, like many others, my jaw was on the floor. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Just effortless flow and melody. Needless to say, the $28 price tag for EC was immediately justified.

After finally buying the CD about a month ago, it's all I listened to for about a week. Then finally, last night, I worked up enough courage to try to learn a few riffs. Being the lazy sack that I am, I searched for tab instead of doing the ol' "listen--rewind--pause--figure out that note--repeat" method like back in the day. I gotta get that Amazing Slow-downer software, that seems like the ticket.

Anyways, just wanted to thank you for tabbing what is probably the most satisfying 13 second guitar riff of all time. (ermm, have you finished the transcription yet? :lol)

edit: hmm, didn't realize I've been lurking here since May 2006. This is my FIRST post!
swampthang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a look, Im happy that the few bars that I have tabbed appear to be the same as yours!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: