Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - 6000 EROTIC CAKES CD'S STOLEN IN RAM RAID
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6000 EROTIC CAKES CD'S STOLEN IN RAM RAID
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: 6000 EROTIC CAKES CD'S STOLEN IN RAM RAID Reply with quote

Last night the Cornford building was ram raided and around 6000 Erotic Cakes CD's were stolen along with guitars etc etc,

If anyone is offered the record from an "unusual" source, it would be great if you could let us know, The record is only available from Cornford Records direct, Abstract Logic, and Inside Out Records, those are currently the only official places to buy, apart from getting a copy from one of the band,

Sad but true as the song goes,

take care and peace,

Paul

P/S if anyone sees the loverly 69 Les Paul Custom that Guthrie used at the NEC shows it would great to know, as that went too.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, what a terrible news, Paul. Sad I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope the good men of law soon catch these lowlife perpetrators and that you recover the CD's and other properties. They won't be able to hide long with this stuff. You'll get 'em back.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Mr C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a bit of a shock Ed, they pulled a huge part of the building off, hammer thorough the glass on the door, a chain on to the bars that are on the inside of the door, chain fixed to the back of a truck and then drove off, pulling the door, door frame and a ton of the bricks around the door frame with it, a freakin mess dude, and what they couldnt get in to the truck was spread all over the car park Evil or Very Mad
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god - that's ridiculous?! I never know but are you Stateside or in the UK? Have you got the serial number for that LP?
Mr C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelordofcheesecake wrote:
Oh my god - that's ridiculous?! I never know but are you Stateside or in the UK? Have you got the serial number for that LP?

We are East of London England UK GB , going to get the sn of the LP on Monday, the LP is the one in the pics that Gadget posted from the NEC show, it was the stand in Ner Ner droped D guitar, dont worry ED Suhr for everything else Wink
frankus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Geez, what a terrible news, Paul. Sad I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope the good men of law soon catch these lowlife perpetrators

Forget the good men of the law... I hope it's the bad men of the law that find them... pipes, pliers and a blowtorch Evil or Very Mad

I hope this stuff turns up..

I have the power!
Mr C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
Geez, what a terrible news, Paul. Sad I'm really sorry to hear about this. I hope the good men of law soon catch these lowlife perpetrators

Forget the good men of the law... I hope it's the bad men of the law that find them... pipes, pliers and a blowtorch Evil or Very Mad

Pliers sounds good Very Happy can I go 1st Question
Mr C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a really funny PM from a forum guy saying it must have been someone from the John Petrucci forum as they are horrible Laughing
Mirth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
they pulled a huge part of the building off, hammer thorough the glass on the door, a chain on to the bars that are on the inside of the door, chain fixed to the back of a truck and then drove off, pulling the door, door frame and a ton of the bricks around the door frame with it, a freakin mess dude, and what they couldnt get in to the truck was spread all over the car park Evil or Very Mad

Wow! That's Nuts! I'm sorry to hear this. They must of really wanted your stuff, this is insane. I guess Conford is a more popular company then we thought. At least you know your making good stuff.

Well, I'm sure (hoping) that you will get this stuff back. It was obviously intentional, and I[m not sure what they plan to do with the Cd's, I'm sure even Columbia/Sony records would know they lost that many cds and would probably find who was ever trying to sell them.

Here's to hoping you had good insurance and will be able to find and ward off any more attempts of the like.

Cheers,

Tim

current mood: absolutely shocked
www.reverbnation.com/timmirth
NESFantasy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That's just terrible...I mean, we can joke about the guys having good taste in music and guitars, but it doesn't change the fact that you guys were robbed and this can't be good for the company or the artist. I really hope they find the guys that did this and get your stuff back, and THEN repay you for what was stolen.
Edovinus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

This is insane! I'm so sorry this happened to you guys...
jp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you recover all the gear. Hope you get medieval on the perpetrator's ass too.
markrobinson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Paul. Hope things get back to normal as quickly as possible and the stuff is retrieved.
thelordofcheesecake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
alexkhan wrote:

Anyone seen the new Bond movie yet? The scene with the chair, and the rope? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it was our friends from the travelling fraternity!
They are less than subtle in their approach to stealing things and will quite happily tear a whole wall out to just to find out if there's anything worth nicking on the other side. Why would someone steal 6000 CD's of guitar music. They probably didn't know who Guthrie was, if they did, they would have left them. Not exactly easy to shift at a boot sale or down the local are they. They're probably buried in the middle of an illegal camp site under piles of electric cable that has been stolen from an industrial unit just down the road by now. The Les Paul has probably been stripped for the scrap metal ie:the strings, and the kids are probably using the neck as a cricket bat or maybe dad prefers the look of it to his baseball bat. Either way I don't hold much hope of you seeing any of it again.

It's a bit of a shit really but best of luck Mr C

Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: