Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - "Life Without You" on Live Alive???

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

"Life Without You" on Live Alive???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: "Life Without You" on Live Alive??? Reply with quote

hey yall. ive read about this in the crossfire book and personally, i'd like to hear it...
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO FIND THIS VERSION OF "LIFE WITHOUT YOU" ON THE INTERNET FOR FREE or download???
thanks so much.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: My favourite SRV song Reply with quote

You are saying then you dont own the album live alive,i have the tape and cd,the cd though dose not have life without you on it though,i think because back then they had limited space for the songs to go on,and another 2nd disc they did not want to do?.I wish they had added it and other bonus tracks maybe when the bought the albums out again on cd with the bonus tracks on them,but being live and overdubbed so much they did not want to bother maybe on that too.

On the internet then i have no clue sorry,on the tape its actualy not my favourite version as for one its not fully on the tape even,no room again as it fades in the last solo which i shure was maybe to long.
Deezer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took it off because Stevie and the band hated it. They said they sounded so drugged out and just plain awful that they didn't want to put it on there. It was basically after Stevie had gone to rehab and heard it.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was included on the original record wasn't it??

Just what i remmeber from "caught in the crossfire"

BTW nice to seee you again deezer
Deezer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it actually was. I have it on tape. Just happened to stumble across it. But now I can't find it. Oh well.

Good to be back. Almost forgot about this place. Seems busier than it used to be.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Quiet still Reply with quote

Deezer its on the tape so i meant the cd no having it for space reasons,or srv when the cd was released said to leave it off because the speech was to long maybe.,I just wanted to hear the full version off it too where on the tape it fades on the solo.But then this show must be on bootleg out there i suppose if you realy wanted it?.

And Deezer i dont know about busier realy with all that spam thats now gone for now,many i think left and gave up on the site.
Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, as I understand it, Stevie and the band thought everything about the song was horrible. They played badly, the speech meandered about, and so forth.

I remember when you would go weeks before there was a post, there is definitely more traffic than was even before the spam. Good to see.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Book? Reply with quote

Is this from a book Deezer of this coment,and i did not know of that on the weeks without posts as only joined last year.Just need a new srv album or topics to talk about i suppose now and then. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: