Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - What to buy next?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

What to buy next?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pellegrino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: What to buy next? Reply with quote

Sorry for a n00b sort of post. I've been a fan of SRV for several years, but I don't yet own all the albums. Here's my current collection:

SRV Box
Greatest Hits 1 & 2
Blues at Sunrise
Austin City Limits DVD
El Mocambo DVD
Montreaux '82 & '85 DVD

So my question is as far as commercial stuff... what else should I get? I'm on a tightish budget, but I want to own as much as possible, without repeating too many tracks or getting stuff that I won't listen to very often. I know a lot of folks frown on Live Alive, so I expect I won't likely get that disc, but what about the studio albums and other live and compilation discs? Which discs are truly essential, and which are desirable just for sake of completeness, etc?

Hopefully this info can also be useful to others in the future. Thanks!
SRVgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Response Reply with quote

I don't know what else you should get. I have the same things that you have with the exception of just a few. I would suggest buying "In the Beginning" which was released after his death. Also, I would also suggest purchasing "In Step." I don't know whether you frequent Ebay or not; howeer, sometimes I as I have noticed, there are DVD and CD's of stuff that he may have done while performing in Japan for example. Sometimes going there gives you ideas about what to purchase. Also, "Family Style" may be something of interest to you, especially since this album was done with himself and Jimmy before he died. I think the box set, which I also have, chronicles the his career to the fullest. I know that you don't want to purchase discs that have the same material as another disc. But we must also keep in mind that SRV's professional career was only about 7 years. However, we still may not know what is in the vault at Sony that has not been published yet as renewed interest in SRV continues to increase. Hope I have helped. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: