Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Doing Stevie Proud

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Doing Stevie Proud

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Doing Stevie Proud Reply with quote

Last night, Friday April 1st, our school had it's annual variety show. I chose to play:

Couldn't Stand The Weather (Austin City Limits live version with the breakdown-drum and bass solos). I think we did a pretty good job considering the circumstances. The show was really REALLY disorganized because we had a new supervisor who didn't know what was going on. During my first solo (I played SRV's part) I was distracted by the supervisor waving at me off stage to "hurry up" cause apparently we were short on time. We were supposed to only play for 5 minutes but it ended up being more like 7. hehe. Anyway, I hit a few horrible notes, but the audience didn't seem to notice.

As for recordings, I DO have one, but it is of very bad quality. My parents recorded it with our crappy old video camera and then I transfered it to my computer via microphone out of the camera's built in speaker (there is no direct-to-computer transfer option Sad ) If you guys really want to hear it, I might be able to upload to soundclick or send it individually through email. For those who were wondering, I used my SRV tribute strat for the performance.

I'm just doing my part to keep Stevie's music and the blues alive. It was a really really awesome night and I'm grinning just thinking about it. Very Happy
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear everything went well man.

Playin' live is the best part of being a musician.
UncleSalty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of fun, Vaughanabe. I've found that anytime you're on a bill with a bunch of different people you never have enough time and there's always people running around like headless chooks, regardless of how organised it seemed at the start. I'd be interested in hearing that tape - the few sour notes tend to make the many good ones sound even better.

Your story reminded me of the last time I played CSTW. I was in uni and my (very) amateur blues quartet had our first off-campus gig. My older brother, a professional drummer, came out to see his little brother play for the first time. He arrived just as we started CSTW. I guess I was nervous and bumped the high E out. All those funky octaves in the head were slightly out of tune, even though I tried to bend them back in tune, fiddled with the tuner (only made things worse, in my nervousness) and generally mangled the song. The rest of the gig went a lot better...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: