Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - what amps on the first Montreux show?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

what amps on the first Montreux show?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoo364

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: what amps on the first Montreux show? Reply with quote

Two Vibroverbs? It sounds like it. they are covered with a brown cloth and tilted back. I don't think it's the Club and Countrys.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo,

I am almost positive that the two amps that he was playing through were his Vibroverbs.

There's a couple of music mans (one maybe, not sure, I forgot) on stage too, but you can see that he isn't plugged into them. The house must have provided those.

I don't think he was running the VV's full tilt though, they sounded a little weaker than normal. Could have just been the mix though.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: what amps on the first Montreux show? Reply with quote

voodoo364 wrote:
Two Vibroverbs? It sounds like it. they are covered with a brown cloth and tilted back. I don't think it's the Club and Countrys.

it was actually 2 blackface twin reverbs. he didint take his own amps with him to montreux so he had to use backline. he also had to compromise tilting them back and putting towels over them because of the volume.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: