Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - What would've SRV's next album been called/been like?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

What would've SRV's next album been called/been like?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTrahan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: What would've SRV's next album been called/been like? Reply with quote

Have you ever thought about what SRV's next album might have been called, or what it would've been like?

I always think about that maybe he would've done a tribute to Hendrix. Which, IMO, would've been awesome. I doubt he would have, but I can dream right?!

Here's the line up:

1. Voodoo Chile (a new version w/ 12-14 year old KWS guest starring on guitar)
2. Wind Cries Mary
3. Hey Joe (with Doyle Bramhall II on vocals)
4. Castles Made of Sand (w/ JLV on rhythm guitar)
5. Bold As Love
6. Spanish Castle Magic (with Lenny Kravitz on vocals)
7. Hear My Train (with Eric Clapton on vocals)
8. Little Wing (from The Sky is Crying, well that version, because if he were still alive TSIC would have never been released..)
9. Little Wing Pt. II (w/ Prince on vocals)
10. Come On Pt. III (taken from a concert in New Jersey 1985)
11. Machine Gun (an absolutely scary version)

I think that would be totally sweet.

Any ideas guys? I can't really think of what this album would've been called. I really have no good ideas for a name.

SRV and DT - Experience Hendrix....our way.

If you guys think anybody else should guest star on some of the songs, speak up. I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. I think DB II is pushing it, being that the album would've been released in the early 90s, not sure how old he was then. Maybe early to mid 20s. Obviously the KWS thing wouldn't happen, but its fun to think what it would've been like.
Adam H

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, seems like with the sound of In Step and Family Style both moving away from straight blues and more into R&B territory, I think Stevie was working more & more on songwriting chops that were less & less about 12 bar blues and full-on guitar fests. There are great songs on both In Step and Family Style, but the standouts are the originals; Riviera Paradise, Wall of Denial, The Telephone Song, Mama Said, & Tick Tock. None of these are really blues songs, but they are the ones that really seem to stick out in my mind because they really sound like Stevie. I think his growth as a songwriter was just starting, and the next album would've been a real introspective piece of work with less lead work and more chordal stuff. A Hendrix tribute may have come later, but I think there were things he needed to get off his chest first. Wow, how awesome would a collaboration with Prince have been? Talk about blowing some minds! How about some songs written with somebody like John Hiatt?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: