Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - public apology

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

public apology
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: public apology Reply with quote

ok guys i just want to offer my apology to anyone i may have offended with my remarks. i'm just offering the advice that has helped me succeed but take it as you may.

I also know that its more important to be a help rather than a hinderance. So that being said if i see a post i think i may be able to help with, i'll do my best to try. I do know alot about stevie and that style of playing so i'll use my knowlage to the best of my abilities.

Keep playin guys!
62strat

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i'm just offering the advice that has helped me succeed"

P.S you HAVE NOT succeed there little man..... How do you find a hat big enough to fit on your head?
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

62strat wrote:
"i'm just offering the advice that has helped me succeed"

P.S you HAVE NOT succeed there little man..... How do you find a hat big enough to fit on your head?

how do you figure? how have i NOT succeeded? i'm where i want to be, doin gigs, traveling, makin records, playin music...and im havin a damn good time doin it too. im not sittin at home on my ass doin nothing with my life. i've worked hard, practiced countless hours and done hundreds upon thousands of gigs to get where i am.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you guys, lets settle down. Atleast Mr. "Bluzplaya" realizes what he did was wrong, so we have to give him that.

Bluzplaya, the only reason we were mad was you came into our domain and gave us orders. Trust me, we have heard your schpeel from just about every Stevie-wannabe-turned-original and blues purist. Just know that there is a reason we like to play what we play, and we will do what we like, whether or not people like you support us.

Just know that WE'RE not the only ones trying to play like him, Mr. Stevie Duarte Jr....
62strat

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A. I have a cd out
B. I've opened for many nationals
C. I've travled all over doin gigs
D. I HAVE NOT SUCCEED IN THE GAME AND EITHER HAVE YOU. BEFORE THIS BOARD I HAD NEVER HEARD OF YOU SO YOU AIN'T SHIT.

I LOVE PEOPLE THAT WILL MOUTH OFF ON A BOARD YA LITTLE 110LB MAMAS BOY.

P.S How do you know what I've done with my life? I'm a full time student@ the University of Michigan
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
Ok you guys, lets settle down. Atleast Mr. "Bluzplaya" realizes what he did was wrong, so we have to give him that.

Bluzplaya, the only reason we were mad was you came into our domain and gave us orders. Trust me, we have heard your schpeel from just about every Stevie-wannabe-turned-original and blues purist. Just know that there is a reason we like to play what we play, and we will do what we like, whether or not people like you support us.

Just know that WE'RE not the only ones trying to play like him, Mr. Stevie Duarte Jr....

i appreciate you noticing my apology. thank you for that...

but let me clear up one thing right here and now...i'd much rather be a Chris Duarte "clone" than a Stevie Vaughanabe. Have you ever seen Chris live or have you only listened to his first album? because there is a huge difference. I would have loved to see Stevie attempt to even touch Giant Steps the way Chris can. I would have loved to see Stevie attempt to play Friday Night In San Francisco note for note the way Chris can. Hell i'd have loved to have seen Stevie practice minor harmonic arpeggios with a metronome set at a speed of 148bpm like Chris does regularly. so someone saying i sound like Chris Duarte would be the highest compliment for me...so thank you for that. Like I said before, the sound Stevie had was actually there before he even came around. It wasint anything new. Any and all of the players in Austin will tell you the same. Dosent mean it wasint great though, because it was. And it took someone like him to open those doors, and im glad someone finally did.

i was just wondering, and im not trying to be rude here i was just wondering....what are the reasons that you like what you like? i know everyone has a different answer to this so i'd like to hear yours.

Last edited by bluz_playa85 on Sun May 22, 2005 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha oh well that hurt my feelings.

ok so where can i get your cd? where can i see you play? what label were/are u under? who is/was your agent? do you have a website i can check out? somewith with pics or soundclips so i can get a feeling for what ur doing? cuz honestly i think ur just blowing hot air out of ur ass. lets see some proof.
kenny74

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Duarte may be very good from what I hear, but Stevie was the best hands down when it came to Texas Blues.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenny74 wrote:
Chris Duarte may be very good from what I hear, but Stevie was the best hands down when it came to Texas Blues.

i agree. he was the best when it came down to texas BLUES.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to break it to you buddy, but what you're talking about contradicts everything you have already said, which makes you a HYPOCRITE as well as a clone and pompous liar.

You said, "could stevie do such and such exactly like Chris Duarte?" Wait a second, are you saying you want people to replicate exactly what Chris Duarte does? Wouldn't that be the same as someone who is trying to replicate exactly what Stevie does? I think you've got your head on backwords, buddy. You may not be trying to play just like Stevie (anymore) but you're still trying to play just like Chris Duarte..... THAT does not make you any more of an "original," you're just choosing someone ELSE to copy.

It sounds like you are just as much in the "dark" as everyone else trying to make it on the guitar. If I were you I would wait until you're nationally recognized, have a large fan base, and make tons of money before you give your little shit "advice" to people like us.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
You said, "could stevie do such and such exactly like Chris Duarte?" Wait a second, are you saying you want people to replicate exactly what Chris Duarte does? Wouldn't that be the same as someone who is trying to replicate exactly what Stevie does? I think you've got your head on backwords, buddy. You may not be trying to play just like Stevie (anymore) but you're still trying to play just like Chris Duarte..... THAT does not make you any more of an "original," you're just choosing someone ELSE to copy.

ok im tired of going in circles about this. what i meant by what i said was that i would love nothing more than to have the technical ability that Chris has. I dont want to sound like him. I just do what I do. The way I play is the way I play. I'm not trying to copy Chris by trying to be him, but i am trying to copy his dedication to his craft, which has made him as good as he is today. Someone who's that dedicated to what he does is inspiring to me. honestly how couldint it be? before i met chris i hardly ever practiced, and after spendin a week with him doin shows i now practice 4 to 5 hours a day because one day i'd like to be as good technically as he is. I dont want to be him or sound just like him. I want to sound like me but with that same intensity. Because you can say what you want, but i KNOW FOR A FACT that Chris is technically more advanced than Stevie was. Thats just the way it is. This all goes back to my original point, which is it's not a bad thing that you want to learn to sound and play like Stevie. I commend you for it. It's a great style to know. But there are so many things to round out that style that are great as well.

understand now? honestly get over ur little problem with me. how immature are u seriously? i mean isint this called a disscussion board? dosent that mean OPEN DISSCUSSION??? you must be super uptight if you take all this directly to heart.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with that said, im curious to who your other big influences are. just wondering.
kenny74

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a discussion forum but the line of actions can be crossed. This leads to the possible upsetting of board members, something you have done.

From how I have read your posts, your quickly jumping back to different sides, changing opinions. Also, the nerve for you to just come in here and think your the messiah is ridiculous, actually, insanity. We dont need your advice, this is a hobby meant for fun. We all have different styles and methods of learning, gear choices, etc. Take a chill pill dude.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenny74 wrote:
This is a discussion forum but the line of actions can be crossed. This leads to the possible upsetting of board members, something you have done.

From how I have read your posts, your quickly jumping back to different sides, changing opinions. Also, the nerve for you to just come in here and think your the messiah is ridiculous, actually, insanity. We dont need your advice, this is a hobby meant for fun. We all have different styles and methods of learning, gear choices, etc. Take a chill pill dude.

did i ever once claim to be a "messiah"? ummm no. i'm just a guy who's happens to make his living playing guitar. i know alot of people who only wish they could play music for a living. im not jumping sides, people are just taking what im saying the wrong way. given im not very good with words to begin with (i guess thats why i never became a lawyer or a teacher) but I have a little bit of an idea what im talkin about when it comes to having a guitar in my hands. I'm just more or less talking about what it takes to make it in the music business these days. But maybe thats more important for me than it is for some of you who regard it as a hobby because this is my livelyhood you know? I've met record A&R people, many of them, who all said the same thing "we dont need another white boy playing guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughan" or "guys like you are a dime a dozen. do your own thing" or even more so "blues dosent sell anymore!" These things i say are just coming from personal experience. maybe what im sayin is directed more towards people who look to do this for a career, and if that isint any of you, then i apologize.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluz_playa85 wrote:
Because you can say what you want, but i KNOW FOR A FACT that Chris is technically more advanced than Stevie was. Thats just the way it is.

A fact huh? What if I said I know for a FACT that chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla? What if I said I know for a FACT that Fender guitars are better than Gibson? What if I said I know for a FACT that it is harder to play blues than rock? Lets consult my good ol' friend Webster for a second (we go way back)....

Main Entry: opin·ion
Pronunciation: &-'pin-y&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin opinion-, opinio, from opinari
1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

Te real FACT, is that all you have is opinions, just like the rest of us. And I know quite a few people that would disagree with that outlandish statement. You know the reason why Duarte practices pentatonic scales with a metronome for hours at a time? Because he is not naturally talented enough to do what Stevie did his whole life. Stevie Ray Vaughan has more talent in his little finger than Duarte or you could ever have. Ooh ooh, Duarte can play real fast... big freakin' whoop! It takes more than fast fingers and stale, overused scales to make a guitarist.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: