Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - stevie's settings

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

stevie's settings

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got these settings awhile back from my friend Jess Davey of the Hoax (who IMO has one of the closest sounding SRV tones ever). I edited it a little bit because my question to him was originally for recoring purposes.

here is his response:

"Hey Vince How ya doing?
This is just what I would do.
Start with a set of GHS Low tune strings, Action set so you can fit a quater under the 10th fret. Use a long lead 20' at least to the tube screamer, set the tube screamer Gain-9 O'clock Tone-10 O'clock Volume-1 O'clock. Go into the Vibrato channel of the Super, bright switch on, Trebble 9, Middle 7, Bass 3.5.
Volume tune up without the tubescreamer on till it breaks up, normally about 5-8.
I hope this works out for you??
All the best.
Jesse"

hope this helps!
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavystrings wrote:
thanx for the info.when you talk about the amp breaking up, do you mean the crunch(distortion)

yes the "breakup" point is when the amp's sound becomes naturally slightly overdriven...usually comes from turning the amps volume up and pushing the tubes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: