Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Well, I wanted to discuss SRV....

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Well, I wanted to discuss SRV....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Well, I wanted to discuss SRV.... Reply with quote

and this is supposed to be a SRV discussion forum. What I think we're missing is the discussion part. I know this is a really new board but, it's pretty dead here. Very few new posts and fewer responses. I don't know - even as great as SRV was and how much he is still loved and admired for his music and persona, I'm just not that hopeful that there's enough fans who want to still discuss Stevie fourteen years after his tragic death. I mean, people will always love his music and keep it alive for years (and hopefully, generations) to come but, a discussion board devoted to only Stevie? I think maybe the moderators here should consider changing this forum to more of a blues music board. Comments welcome.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up yet.

It would be nice to keep this place sane. Having trolls all around posting ignorant things would be awful.

I like the slow pace of the board. It's just that some people know a little more about SRV than others. I for one would rather talk bootleg concerts and tone than talk about his personal life/estate type things. Those things are better left alone, since they should have been none of our business in the first place.

Be patient, and they will come.

Adios.
stratovarious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here, too. And this IS a new board. So far I like it a lot and, if it continues, I'm sure it will get even more interesting.

I came here because I was sick to death of the capricious and overbearing moderators of that Fender Logo rip-off site. I'm not banned there, like so many others I know (although, surely I will be when one of their henchman forwards them THIS).

This here grouping of forums lists many topics which are nearer and dearer to me. More than that, I sense a kind of freshness here and enthusiasm that is missing on that other, big-name site. I always felt like some goon, eager to delete me, was breathing down my neck when I posted there. Also it became the bastion of know-it-alls -- often giving bad advice.

You and the rest of us can make this SRV site as good as we want to. And it's up to those of us who actually do the posting. Rave On! And best wishes.
stratovarious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but one more thing: I really enjoyed reading carefully about Stevie's estate. facts are facts, and it was interesting to see for real how one of the world's finest-ever musicians could end up with so little money.

It tells all of us a lot about how even the best get used by the music biz.

Yeah, I'm primarily interested in his music, but knowing all I can about his life helps me understand how he made such incredible music.
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to all of us to make this place a well behaved community worthy of the SRV legacy!

It's the members that will or will not make that work.

I started building Guitar Artist focused communities because I want to help artists market on the web, spread the music that I LOVE to all and to create communities where I could hang out and not be attacked.....

So here we are... Let's make it happen!

Thanks for your support!!

And... please check out the other artists we have up here... Lot's of great players to connect with!

Lot's more in the works.....!!

Kirk out!!!
Blind Melon Chitlin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratovarious wrote:
I'm new here, too. And this IS a new board. So far I like it a lot and, if it continues, I'm sure it will get even more interesting.

I came here because I was sick to death of the capricious and overbearing moderators of that Fender Logo rip-off site. I'm not banned there, like so many others I know (although, surely I will be when one of their henchman forwards them THIS).

This here grouping of forums lists many topics which are nearer and dearer to me. More than that, I sense a kind of freshness here and enthusiasm that is missing on that other, big-name site. I always felt like some goon, eager to delete me, was breathing down my neck when I posted there. Also it became the bastion of know-it-alls -- often giving bad advice.

You and the rest of us can make this SRV site as good as we want to. And it's up to those of us who actually do the posting. Rave On! And best wishes.

Welcome to the forum dude! I know what you mean about that other forum, and oh how painfully correct you are! I get the impression that many of those folks spend more time talking about guitars than actually playing them. Rolling Eyes No shortage of bad advice over there either. I've made my opinion on the subject known else where, and as you might have gathered it's not a glowing one either.

It's nice to read posts from people that actually have a clue. Unlike some other places on the web, everyone here seems to know what they're talking about, and can voice their opinions without copping an attitude.

Return and post often.

Props to kirk95 for starting a cool forum.
Lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to support the notion of checking out the other artists. I came to this discussion group due to interest in one of the other players. Because of the list of artists, I heard about Johnny A.

Last Friday, I saw him in New Hampshire. He just covers so much territory in his playing--from Hendrix to Chet Atkins.

Thanks for putting the community together. Ever artist might not be for everyone, but for those interested in a range of guitar players, this is a great place.
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lee and welcome!

Here are the two newest Artist Boards I worked on all weekend.

http://www.online-discussion.com/JohnnyHiland/
Have you guys heard Johnny? This guy can play!

http://www.online-discussion.com/CarlBurnett/
Carl's a Strat guy with a very cool viby, jam, funk, groove, live thing happening. His new CD features Robben Ford and Bradford Marsalis!

These boards will be up inthe menus in a couple day. Just giving you guys a first look....

Kirk out.....
The Sky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Well, I wanted to discuss SRV.... Reply with quote

MusicIsMyLife wrote:
and this is supposed to be a SRV discussion forum. What I think we're missing is the discussion part. I know this is a really new board but, it's pretty dead here. Very few new posts and fewer responses. I don't know - even as great as SRV was and how much he is still loved and admired for his music and persona, I'm just not that hopeful that there's enough fans who want to still discuss Stevie fourteen years after his tragic death. I mean, people will always love his music and keep it alive for years (and hopefully, generations) to come but, a discussion board devoted to only Stevie? I think maybe the moderators here should consider changing this forum to more of a blues music board. Comments welcome.
Confused Will I will all ways love SRV not only his muisc about how nice he was to other people and how he did play that number 1 guitar and I love him and I will for ever take him and keep him in my heart.

I love SRV!!
Elle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love SRV - and have since I first heard him in 1984 - I was 13! I have framed photos and posters decorating my home. I listen to him everyday. I miss him everyday. Sometimes I can't listen because I start to cry. I am always amazed at how great the whole band was -

I was listening to some talk radio show a while ago, maybe On Point, and the discussion was about who is a legend - and a lovely woman from Texas called up and said SRV, and I said AMEN sister!!!

I come here to read what other people have to say and hopefully learn something new about SRV.

Thanks for this board kirk,
elle
Redhouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post, I was shocked to come accross a SRV discussion board. I'm a huge Stevie fan, been for many, many years now.

I also know what some of you mean about the other forum, the FDP. I hate that place, all the SRV sucks, Jimi sucks, Eric sucks, everybody sucks over there. No respect for any real guitar player, it's sad.

Redhouse
hawk5211

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redhouse wrote:
This is my first post, I was shocked to come accross a SRV discussion board. I'm a huge Stevie fan, been for many, many years now.

I also know what some of you mean about the other forum, the FDP. I hate that place, all the SRV sucks, Jimi sucks, Eric sucks, everybody sucks over there. No respect for any real guitar player, it's sad.

Redhouse

ditto for me

also props to kirk, this is a real nice tribute to do to a great artist
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: