Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - stevie on accoustic

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

stevie on accoustic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawk5211

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie had two noted ones to my knowledge. A 12 string as you said, which he used for the MTV Unplugged concert (I think it was a Guild as i remember reading that somewhere, but i really am not positive about that, cant find any reference to that), along with Life By the Drop on TSIC, and he also had a 1928 National Steel acoustic, but I don't believe that it was ever used on any recordings.

Gents feel free to corect he if im wrong here, i never really paid alot of attention to SRV's acoustics much

Hawk
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry friend id better explain...

TSIC is just an abrev for the sky is crying the posthumus(not sure on spelling there) album released after SRV died. Life by the drop is on there, along with other, some unfinished songs.

Just keep in mind im not sure what brand that 12 string was. I seem to remember reading guild somewhere, but for the life of me i cant find/remember where is was now.....

This internet of ours is far too big..

Hawk
Breakneckblues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the MTV unplugged show Stevie borrowed a Guild JF6512 from a roadie or some thing. Look for it on You Tube, he played Pride and Joy, Testify and Rude Mood I think. I read somewhere that Stevie's hand was so storng he cracked the 12-string's neck... yikes.

-SRV
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: