Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - a forum for fusion guitar in general
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

a forum for fusion guitar in general

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fingerprints

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: a forum for fusion guitar in general Reply with quote

this might not be the right place, but here's something i've been thinking:

wouldn't it be great to have a non-artist specific board dedicated to the art of fusion guitar in general? i see alot of the guys from the holdsworth forum are coming over, and i know they dig lots of different guitar players (and even musicians in general Very Happy )

different guitarists are always brought up on these dedicated boards, so i think it would be nice to have a place where pretty much anything goes. perhaps people would be less prejudiced if the board doesn't have a bias toward a single player.

i'm offering this idea for anybody who would like to do it. but maybe kirk95 is the right man for the job, with the robben board and this one already happening?

cheers from per
Eiffel Tower

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: a forum for fusion guitar in general Reply with quote

fingerprints wrote:

wouldn't it be great to have a non-artist specific board dedicated to the art of fusion guitar in general?
different guitarists are always brought up on these dedicated boards, so i think it would be nice to have a place where pretty much anything goes. perhaps people would be less prejudiced if the board doesn't have a bias toward a single player.

I agree! Fierce discussions about McLaughlin et. al will probably show up sooner or later anyway.

Cheers
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we were to set up a board for general fusion how would you want to see it organized?

What categoies? Suggestions?

We have the technology to do what ever we want!
Eiffel Tower

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kirk,

My wish about such a board would be that there was a general fusion category and a jazz category. Plus, another called "Miscellanous music" category where us the jazzfusion fans can gather and discuss other common interests in music.

Cheers
fingerprints

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just posted a similar suggestion over at the holdsworth board, check out the thread there:

http://www.therealallanholdsworth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1170

as far as organizing goes, i think it wouldn't have to be that different from this board, just make the categories non-artist specific.

i'm thinking that in general it would be nice to have a musician-oriented forum, and perhaps limiting to the guitar would be a good way to keep some focus on it. (hey, drum/bass/keyboard forums would be cool too). guitarists are, for better or worse, very enthusiastic about their instruments, so there could be a nice community spirit to it all.

specifically, i'd say:

-open fusion guitar discussions: discuss your favorite fusion guitarists (including jazz players and others who emphasize IMPROVISATION as opposed to (ahem) shredding.)

-gear: guitars, amps, effects, recording

-music sharing: links to people's own pages and music, with debate and feedback. (man, it's so nice when somebody gives you feedback on what you do, be it good or bad!)

-theory: lessons, questions, suggestions etc

-cyberjam section: it's a lot of fun and very inspiring to hear others' interpretations of a given tune/backing track.

i'm sure there are more categories that could be included, but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind. it's a fine line between making a category too broad so that it's all just a mess of wildly different topics, and making it too narrow, so that there's too little activity for an otherwise interesting topic.

thanks for picking up on my idea!

cheers from per
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: