Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New Album!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New Album!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: New Album! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

The new album "Vibe Station" will be released on May 1st, and features Travis Carlton on bass and Alan Hertz on drums. It's an instrumental record and the most challenging project of my career. As usual, it has elements of jazz, rock and blues, but this one has a bigger variety of textures and tones than anything I've done in the past. Alan and Travis played their asses off on this record and I'm really proud of the band performances on every song.

The album was recorded and mixed by Alan Hertz, not only a killer drummer but one of the best engineers I've ever worked with, and mastered by the one and only Joe Gastwirt, so this record will please the most serious audiophiles.

I'll have links up soon at scotthenderson.net to the stores selling the album, and I'll be offering autographed copies directly from my website using PayPal. I'll also be selling CD's on the upcoming April tour.

This was an extremely fun album to make and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks so much for your support!

Scott
pedrobellora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, congratulations on the new album!!
Last time I saw you live you were with Alan and Travis, and you certainly have an amazing band with them. Looking forward to hearing the album, of course!

Thanks for your amazing music, and for all that you share here in this forum.
Best,

- Pedro
anak_saili

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!
Another Masterpieces from one of the Greatest Guitarist with the Greatest Tone In the Music History
Stratus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeaaah! finally! can't wait!
stephane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great, great news Surprised !!!
Another great one could be a french tour Wink ...
I can't wait to ear the new CD Razz !
vladorg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May 1st can't come soon enough!

Vlad
James

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looking forward to it. Cool
fusion58

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First new release I've been really excited about in a long, long time.

Cool
Jonni

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Vibe Station Reply with quote

Downloaded it from iTunes first thing today. After just a couple of bars you know this is amazing! Much more than worth the wait. Thank you for your music!
Jonni
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Congratulations on the new CD. It sounds amazing on many levels - writing, guitar tones, playing, engineering, production, rhythm section, etc... etc..

Now I need to get my ass on plane to LA to see you play this stuff!!!

Thank you Scott for being Scott!!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David, I'm really happy you like it! Also, thanks so much for this message board and all the work you do to support our music!

You Rule!!

Scott
PierreL

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
Ordered the CD as well, and while I'm waiting to receive it I could download the MP3 version thanks to Amazon's AudioRip thing.
Which makes me think, have you ever considered releasing high quality download only versions , in 24/96 for instance, through HD Tracks or Qobuz ?
I sure would love to hear that.

Anyway it's a really great album, it was good to hear some fresh Scott Henderson solo stuff, Well to the Bone was so long ago...
Killer tones and playing of course, your band should be also pointed out as they both are amazing players.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes, Travis and Alan are awesome and I'm lucky to have such a great rhythm section!

I'm not going offer a 96/24 version because the sound quality would actually be worse, since it wouldn't include the mastering, which results in a 44.1 file.

In my opinion Joe Gastwirt is one of the best mastering engineers alive. Not only does he have great ears, but his gear is all analog, and a lot of it is tube. We gave him a 96/24 project, and he put it on half inch tape before mastering, and the difference is simply unbelievable. I've compared the original 96/24 project (with Joe's EQ on a master fader) to the CD - there's no contest. The tape does a magical thing - all the harsh digital spikes on the top end are gone, and for lack of a better description, the music is all melted together and any questionable mixing decisions don't matter because the tape compresses slightly. No compressors were used at all in the mastering.

It's actually a bit depressing because of the tragic mastering on HBC and Tribal Tech X. Those albums would sound as good as Vibe Station if we had recorded at 96 and used Joe. Instead they were mastered by Scott Kinsey, who had to record at 44 because his cheap mastering software can't dither down to 44 from a higher sample rate. Both records are seriously lacking in low end, because for some unknown reason, he works with his sub-woofer on. That's completely retarded in the mastering world.

Unfortunately Joe wasn't affordable in the budget for those records. Vibe Station isn't on a label - I hired Joe with my own money because he mastered my Live album and did such a great job that I knew he would knock it out of the park on Vibe Station, which he did.
magicaldog

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: www.deezer.com Reply with quote

I still haven't bought the CD but I will as soon I can.

However I noticed that it is possible to listen to it on www.deezer.com

Is that a good deal for you Scott compared to people buying the physical CD?.

I personally want to have the real CD in my hands and read the info plus the quality is probably much higher too?

I must say that Vibe Station is the most refreshing, vital and inspirational music I have heard in decades and it makes me feel.....totally happy.

Manic Carpet -wow holy f***ing **** -I get goosebumps all over and I am just getting starting with your new album.

The production is just WOW fantastic Very Happy

Hope you will tour southern Sweden SOON with this band and tunes.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - much appreciated! I get paid more from the sale of the CD than from streaming services, and of course the CD sounds better. I hope to have some gigs in Sweden when I come to Europe in October. Last time I was there with HBC so I hope to play there with my trio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: