Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Just wondering if ....
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Just wondering if ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Just wondering if .... Reply with quote

You are familiar with this band if your time is limited go to the 5th minute and enjoy the tune from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_XJ_s5IsQc&index=7&list=PL52RKVKBFM328OwddSMRQS9BYOA3oVDgl

Maybe you already know them but if you don't I think you will like them.

Sandro
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've seen this clip - definitely good players.
PierreL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, I remember reading in a French jazz mag that Michael League (founder/leader of Snarky Puppy) has played with you in the past, can you tell us in which context ?

I also would be curious to know your opinion about the way those guys have achevied a nice success, especially in Europe, where they've been touring quite a bit lately, in most major jazz festivals.
Which I find a bit puzzling, not regarding the quality of their music as I really appreciate a lot what they do, they are outstanding players (this keyboard solo in the above linked clip...just incredible) but to me that's jazz-fusion with a groove inclination, 21st century style. And I always thought that nowadays this kind of music could not draw major crowds.
Could this be due to the way they market themselves, as a community rather than a real band, where people are brought in according to the context of the new project, or is it their communication on Youtube and social media in general, the fact that they try to be closer to their audience by making them participating their recordings... ?

PS : also check another band of Michael League, Forq, with Adam Rogers on the first album. They just kill (check this one for instance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rupa13bfWdY )
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember playing with Michael - if I did, it might have been in a jam session or something.

I don't know much about the band or how many people come to their shows, but I'm sure if they're active on social media it helps a lot. I can't compare them to anyone else because their concept of a band is so different than normal, being such a large group with so many rotating musicians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: