Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Eventide H9 Replacement for Boss SE-70
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Eventide H9 Replacement for Boss SE-70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Eventide H9 Replacement for Boss SE-70 Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Just wanted to know whether you've checked out the Eventide H9. It could possibly replace the SE-70 on your board. It's an effects only box that can be MIDI controlled. Many guitar players such as Pete Thorn, Josh Smith, etc., are using it for a lot of their effects.

I know you said in the past that if something just as good as the SE-70 comes along, you'd want to check it out and maybe even tour with it. So thought of posting it here.

Cheers!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I tried it and it sounds good, but it's not what I need. It only does one thing at a time with any quality. Most players I see using it have two, because to do anything versatile at all, you'd need at least two or three.

The SE-70 can do multiple things at once. I can do ring modulation, pitch shifting, and tons of other FX, and add reverb and delay to them. The H9 can't do any of that. If I only used delay and reverb, the H9 might be an option.

Also, I've found that since I started using a wet/dry rig, I'm able to EQ the SE-70 in it's own amp and it sounds better than using it in the amp loop.
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also a cool option for multi fx.
http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-fx8-multi-effects-pedalboard.php
This is an effects version of the axe fx. The quality of effects is really great. You can do ring mod, pitch, reverb, delay and other sounds all at once. 8 in total. No amp modeling.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks really cool but it's three times bigger than an SE-70. Won't fit into my pedalboard suitcase, which is all I can bring on tour since the airlines have become crazy expensive with overweight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: