Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100, ohm's and cabinet
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100, ohm's and cabinet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100, ohm's and cabinet Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

First of all, big thanks for your transparancy and effort to share all your knowledge! It really is fantastic that you do all this for us!

I've a question about the dsl 100: I bought one and I'm looking for a good cabinet for it.

I know you said that amps sounds best when you run them at 8 ohms. On the guitarwank podcast you said that the dsl100 can't run at 8 ohm's, that's why you always ask for 2 cabinets on your rider. But when I look at the manual from Marshall, it looks like they think it can be run at 8 ohms (http://www.manualslib.com/manual/401036/Marshall-Amplification-Jcm-2000-Dsl-100.html?page=5). Is there a reason you don't do this?

about cabinets: I live in the Netherlands and I can't see an easy way to order a Kerry Wright cabinet and even the mogami marshall soundrunner cable doesn't seem te be available over here (tried both mogami and marshall import dealers). Do you have an advise to work around this, or maybe another brand?

Thanks a lot!

Stephan
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the misunderstanding - the DSL has an 8 ohm speaker jack - the problem is that Marshall cabinets can only run at 16 or 4, so you can either replace the 16 ohm speakers with 8 ohm speakers, then you only need one cabinet (that's what I did), or you need two 16 ohm cabinets to make the amp run at 8 ohms (that's what I do on the road when I have to rent gear).

The Kerry cab is a problem - I'm sure you could buy one but shipping and customs might be a bitch... I googled Marshall Sound Runner cable and found a lot of places that sell it - but I don't know if they ship overseas. I don't know other brands of quality cable except for Monster Cable, and I found it to be much brighter sounding than Marshall cable.
blackstratblues

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sound Runner cable is available at Redco:
http://www.redco.com/Soundrunner-W8110.html

They ship internationally, no problem.

Regarding a cab, the Suhr 2x12 semi open back sells unloaded at Thomann:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/suhr_2_12_cabinet_unloaded_gg.htm

You can load them with the speakers of your choice.
I would go with G12-65s (2x 16 ohms will give you 8 ohms)
or the new V-Types if you're on a budget.

The Suhr cab sounds great, if you can't get the Kerry Wright then this is the one I'd go with.

Hope that helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: