Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Power Attenuator or SVC
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Power Attenuator or SVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjferretti

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Power Attenuator or SVC Reply with quote

You covered recording at low volume in your tone videos and I have the Torpedo Live but I still prefer a real cab.

I have no choice but to have the amp and cab in the same room I record.
I have OD100 Classic+ and 4 x 12 cab with Celestion green backs.

As you know its impossible to be in the same room with the amp volume on 4 or above, shit even 3 is loud so I have to cut the volume some how.

I been using the RockCrusher Power Attenuator but I can hear it affecting the tone and feel of the amp.

Do you think the SVC in the effects loop would be a better solution at controlling volume and retaining tone?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not. The SVC will just lower the signal going to the power amp, which is exactly the same as turning down the amp's master volume.

My suggestion is to use IR's. If you're using the Torpedo Live, I'd sell it. The Wall Of Sound software is basically free, and it plays IR's by Ownhammer, which in my opinion sound better than the Two Notes IR's. Then you can crank your amp and get the tone you're looking for.

Either that, or get your cabinet into another room. On Thick and Rocket Science, I had my 4 x12 in a huge box with foam inside. It doesn't sound as good as a room, but you can crank your amp without doing serious damage to the family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: