Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Telecaster
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Telecaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
68plexi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Telecaster Reply with quote

Scott,

I hope your day is well. I watched the interview you did with Pete Thorn and Tim Pierce, where you spoke about how you had a hard time playing a Telecaster. Having had the same issue, I wanted to share some thoughts that worked for me.

The first one is a Tele with a 25" scale. It loosens the feel quite nicely, and the only "downside" is that you'd lose a itty bitty of high end tone-wise, but that's easily solved.

The second one is a project on an existing guitar, but could easily be done while the guitar is being built: move the bridge plate a few millimeters away from the neck. When this is done, and you intonate the guitar, the saddles will be further away from the holes through which you feed the strings, and hence will have slightly less of an angle going across the saddles, and therefore have less pull, giving you a slinkier feel.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's a great idea about the bridge plate. The same thing could be accomplished by slightly changing the angle of the neck, by sanding either the neck or neck pocket, so that the neck tilts enough for the saddles to be raised or lowered, depending on how you want it to feel. I should definitely do something about my Tele - I thought my hand would fall off after that track.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait for the tele with moving bridge plate then, what a great idea indeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: