Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - UAD Ox the Amp Top Box
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chat Users Currently Chatting

UAD Ox the Amp Top Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackstratblues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: UAD Ox the Amp Top Box Reply with quote

Hi Scott, thought you'd find this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZF3Q66za4

Maybe see if James can bring one over to try, from what I understand they claim IRs are static and the OX processing is dynamic.

It's funny they modelled the cone cry - I know how you hate it, luckily you can disable it altogether.

Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be rude in any way, but this looks overpriced and already outdated. You can get a Suhr reactive load box for much cheaper, and IR's are virtually free. Suhr is coming out with a box like this the size of a pedal, and for less than half the price. Also, this seems to be geared towards people who use non-master volume amps - I use a master volume amp so I'd have no need for this box since I can get a good tone from my amp at a wide variety of volume levels.
jason3000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely interested in this box as well. Just wondering Scott do you think it's not good because you don't think it will sound as good as the Suhr?

It does sound a bit expensive, but may be worth the price? Time will tell. The dynamic processing vs the static IR snapshot sounds very interesting and like nothing that's been seen yet in the IR world from what i can see.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a glorified attenuator, and after trying every one on the market and hating them all, I'm extremely skeptical.

However I was also skeptical of the whole IR thing until they finally got it right, and for much cheaper than this box is selling for.

I can't officially put down something I haven't heard, but it just sounds like more snake oil to me. As soon as he mentioned amp modeling in the video, I left the page.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UAD tries to fill the void they left open by refusing to accomodate a native IR loader in their own UAD software environment. I have the Apollo Twin and i love it, but UAD definetly are overpriced monopolists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: