Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Guitar Wank related stuff
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Guitar Wank related stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjvillafane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Guitar Wank related stuff Reply with quote

Hey Scott, I'm enjoying the podcast A LOT. It's very entertaining and enlightening. I really hope you guys stay in it for the long run. Say hello to Bruce and the other guy (Troy).

I haven't had the fortune to watch you perform live yet. I don't know if you remember but you performed in 2011 at the Barquisimeto Jazz Festival, with Berlin and Chambers. Well, I worked in that freaking festival for four years in a row -that's where I'm from- and then in 2011 I moved to Houston, TX (that's where I'm right now) and then Zuly hired you guys literally as I was leaving (Murphy's law). It also seems like you never perform here in Houston (not a lot of people do).

Well anyway, the whole reason why I went through the hassle of creating this account is because in one of the podcast episodes you mentioned a comment on a picture of Bruce and you, it said something like "What a lovely old lesbian couple". Well, I laughed my ass off but I haven't been able to find the comment or picture. Can you post a link to it?

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We played in Austin recently so hopefully we'll make it to Houston next time. I have friends there who are trying to find a good venue.

Here's the link - when I saw that comment I almost fell out of my chair laughing..

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=scott%20henderson%20bruce%20forman%20at%20cindy's
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the link...

Mike Roberto said: "What a nice old lesbian couple."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154002521808987&set=a.391589858986.171006.587803986&type=3&theater

You should put that as a slogan on the GuitarWank t-shirts:

"GuitarWank...with that nice old lesbian couple, Bruce Forman and Scott Henderson"
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I asked Bruce, is Mike a friend of yours? He said he doesn't know him, which makes it even funnier!
zorbmusic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Rob Whitlock Reply with quote

Hi Scott

I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the GuitarWank podcasts - absolutely brilliant and very funny and full of interesting wanky stuff!

In episode 11 you mentioned recording with Rob Whitlock (who I'd not heard of) and some of the other guys on the session. I checked him out and on "At Freedom Chicken Dance" from Rob's Sketchin' 2 CD I notice that Michael Brecker was also on the track. I didn't know you'd played with him - was he in the studio with you during the recording or did he record his part at another time?

And if you and Bruce decide to record an album together, I'll be first in line to purchase! Those little snippets on the podcasts are really great!

Anyway, I look forward to your next visit to the UK if and when that happens.

Best regards

Frank Dawkins
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael recorded after we did the basic tracks. I never got the chance to work with him - he was such an amazing player.
Mike Roberto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Guilty as charged. I first met Bruce in Telluride (1981) when he was in Richie Cole's band, and later, maybe 10 years ago in Carmel Valley where his students put on a most excellent show as part of a Kiwanis thing my friend Kent did every year there. Around that time I was trying to put together a show at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz to raise money for the Jazz Society here and Bruce was into it. As laid back Santa Cruzans, we never got our shit together on that one.

Scott, I first met you in '84 time frame in Berkeley when you were with Jeff Berlin. I went with Lyle Workman who is a mutual friend. Eric Johnson opened for you on solo acoustic guitar. Most recently caught you at Bach Dynamite in Half Moon Bay, also probably 10 years ago.

Figured you guys wouldn't mind my lesbian crack. Did I just say lesbian crack??

Mike

P.S. - I love those podcasts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: