Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Dolomite
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Dolomite
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Transcriptions - Song Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeolian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Dolomite Reply with quote

Does anyone have the head for Dolomite worked out? I think there are pull-offs and hammers, so tab would be nice but I think I could work it out from notation, I think that most of it is in second position.
Thanks,
Juho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Fingerings for Dolemite Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm sorry that I'm not able to post any of my transcriptions quite yet, but maybe this would help.

The first "lick" that starts on the third bars two last notes: C and C# on the A-string with 2nd and 3rd finger. 4the measures first beat: G and A on the G-string, F# and D on the D-string. 2nd beat: F on D-string, B on B-string, G and F# on D-string. 3rd beat: D and E on D-string, A and G on G-string. 4th beat: F# and D on D-string, C and A on A-string.

Anyhow, this is how I play it. Maybe Scott plays it a little differently but I've managed to make it sound quite ok. Just remember to play hammer-ons and pull-offs where ever possible. I also play all the string skips using my third finger on my right hand to play the upper strings.

Let me know if you need help with the rest of the piece.

Juho
tribalfunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi....

Yes it´s in second position with some open strings....I´ve been at MI and Scott showed me.
Before that I´ve transcribed it in another position with less open strings...damn it! Embarassed
drewpreston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Dolomite Reply with quote

Aeolian wrote:
Does anyone have the head for Dolomite worked out? I think there are pull-offs and hammers, so tab would be nice but I think I could work it out from notation, I think that most of it is in second position.
Thanks,

Okay, First of all, scott tunes down to e flat. okay, you knew that.
I've figured out the head and most of the solo. There are some passages in the solo I just cant figure out the fingering. I hear the notes,but i cant get it. Has anyone found the time to write his solo out? Im interested
[/quote][/list]
rw852

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: dolemite Reply with quote

i do have a transcription myself,anyone got free space for it ? only 125k,thanks
rw852

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: dolemite Reply with quote

Enjoy ! let me konw if there are any errors,thanks
stephane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy !
My name is stephane (I'm french so excuse me for my english! Embarassed ) and I'm writing a transcription of "Dolemite".Next I'm gonna try to write "Hole diggin'" wich one of my favourite songs but there's a lot of work...of course.
Some other transcriptions are on my website (Tommy EMMANUEL, Franck GAMBALE, etc...), enjoy it!
However, I saw Scott HENDERSON live in France last April and it was really great, he's one of my favorite guitar player (maybe he's the "one" Very Happy )
Lenni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please Stephane, I am glad for ANY transcription of Scott's music and so are most people in here, I guess!
stephane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lenni!
I do my best to give you my transcription without mistakes (I hope Wink ), I'm working on it actually and I think it'll be ready tomorrow or friday...
After that, I think I'll begin "Hole diggin'" but I don't know how to transcribe the...dog Very Happy !
stephane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, "Dolemite" is done Laughing !I hope there'are no mistakes or the less possible.You can find it in a .pdf format on my website in the "transcription" page.Enjoy it because it's very nice to master (I don't manage to but I work on it every day...).
stephane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Very Happy !I wrote half of "Hole diggin'" and I'm working on it everyday.I think it'll be OK next week (well, I hope...).Is anybody interested Confused ?
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interested...!!

Thanks! Very Happy
stephane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: "Hole diggin'" Reply with quote

I wrote half Embarassed of this tune, if you're interested you can find it on my website in the "transcriptions" page.But I don't know why, instead of opening the file directly with Adobe like the others transcriptions, you have to "Save as..."!!!Curious isn't it?I'll try to "repair" that malfunction soon.Good work and enjoy it!
And of course:"Sorry for my english!" Laughing
Stephane
stephane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: "Hole diggin'" Reply with quote

The problem is over Very Happy !Now, when you "left-clic" on the transcription of that tune, acrobatreader opens automatically.It was my fault, Adobe doesn't like the " ' " in "Hole diggin *'*" title...
Stephane.
stephane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Mistake... Reply with quote

Oops Embarassed !There's a mistake (and maybe more) in the solo's transcription, sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Transcriptions - Song Book All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: