Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - OD-820 vs Soul Driven
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

OD-820 vs Soul Driven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: OD-820 vs Soul Driven Reply with quote

How do you feel about the differences between these two pedals? I'm looking to buy one and I'm interested in what your opinion is. I play my strat into a 50 watt Marshall clone. I boost it with your RC and would use one of these two as a higher gain pedal for solos. Thanks man!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but neither one is my favorite. I love my SD-9 - it's been on my pedalboard for as long as I can remember. My favorite studio OD is the Klon, but it's big and pricey. I just ordered a Klon KTR - it's 260 bucks and I'm looking forward to comparing it to my original. Seymour Duncan just sent me a Forza - it sounds great too, in my opinion better than the pedals you mentioned.
manolopez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a soul driven and many other overdrive pedals not because a collect them but they piled up over the years and never sold anything

it is one of the creamiest sounding od pedals i have heard for soloing but for chords it's not my favorite ,i do have a rc pedal but never used it in combo with it.

i dont know how it wil sound with a marshall type amp i did not like the ac and rc combined in a marshall type amp it sounded very harsh to me, with a "fender type" amp it sounded allright but also not my first preference.i use the soul driven in front of a morgan rp12 amp

the tube screamer thing i never really got what so great about it, its all right i think ,especially with marshall type amps i don't like it that much either.
but thats just my opinion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: