Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - THAT blues sound!!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

THAT blues sound!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andbenitz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: THAT blues sound!! Reply with quote

Hi, Scott! Huge fan here!

I'm a guitarrist from Brazil and I've been struggling my whole life to get that bluesy guitar sound (in lack of a better word to describe) right. Studying your music I found out that you changed a lot your way of playing over the years. Today you have a real grip over that blues guitar sound!

How was the process to achieve that tone? Does it take picking hand strength or is it a technical thing?

Thank you so much for your music!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of a global question, but I'll try to answer the best I can. Tone is in the fingers and blues has a lot of dynamics, so I change my picking from hard to soft very often, and I use my fingers a lot instead of a pick. Also my guitars have higher action than they used to so they're set up for tone, not speed.

That being said, good gear helps a lot. Pickups are really important - for a few albums I used a very average Fender strat, but I put in Lindy Fralin Woodstock's for Dog Party and Suhr V-60LP's for Tore Down House. It drastically changes the tone of the guitar.

I keep it really simple - guitar, pedal, tube amp, and 4x12 with Greenbacks. That setup has been around forever and it's still my favorite. Hope that helps!
andbenitz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your answer! This will help me a lot!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: